NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, deltarich87 said:

Big loss for the Vikes

A friend of the family, in Green Bay even, tore his pec off his sternum lifting weights.  His dad said that he had a boob in the middle of his back.  Kid was kind of a do nothing guy in high school, then got into power lifting in his 20s.  Was doing like a 500 bench press or something and it just tore from the bone.  

Just thought I would share.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Leader said:

Adam Schefter -   Titans’ RB Derrick Henry suffered a potentially season-ending foot injury during Sunday’s 34-31 win over Indianapolis. Henry is undergoing an MRI today to determine the full extent of the damage.

This is unbelievably huge. For the MVP race, for the AFC race, for Henry’s legacy.

This is one of THOSE injuries. I hate to say it but once RBs get hurt it just seems to almost always signal the end. I mean look at CMC, once he got hurt his run of dominance was over (only recent example). 

As a fan this sucks. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Why does the NFC always have to be the juggernaut conference? 😪

Last year was the year. Cowboys lost Prescott. Rams still had Goff. Brees faded with the Saints. 

We were far and away the best team in the conference and then the Bucs caught fire especially on defense, and our star LT tore his ACL in a walk-through and changed the course of history. 

2020 was the best set up for Green Bay we were ever going to see. We just failed to close. 

Edited by packfanfb
  • Like 2

Just now, packfanfb said:

Last year was the year. Cowboys lost Prescott. Rams still had Goff. Brees faded with the Saints. 

We are far and away the best team in the conference and then the Bucs caught fire especially on defense, and our star LT tore his ACL in a walk-through and changed the course of history. 

2020 was the best set up for Green Bay we were ever going to see. We just failed to close. 

Yep ... we'll just have to do it the hard way like 2010 I guess. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

We were far and away the best team in the conference and then the Bucs caught fire especially on defense, and our star LT tore his ACL in a walk-through and changed the course of history. 

We didn't fail to close, really. The Buccaneers just caught a heater, got the bounces and had the zebras. Knowing that, we were going to have to be perfect to beat them. I hate that NFC title game more than the Seahawks game. Feel like 2020 was taken from us via questionable calls while 2014 we gave it away. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Siman08/OH said:

This is one of THOSE injuries. I hate to say it but once RBs get hurt it just seems to almost always signal the end.

I dont know how many RBs have had this specific injury - but - not many of them were 6'3" / 250 beasts who've been carrying a heavy load the past 3 seasons.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Yep ... we'll just have to do it the hard way like 2010 I guess. 

No we'll have to do it like 2020. Pretty clear that the Packers need to keep winning and somehow out run the Bucs and Rams to the No. 1 seed or at least one of them to the No. 2 seed. Having to get to the Super Bowl on the road against both the Bucs and Rams is a death sentence IMO. 

This isn't like 2010 where a **** team like the Bears lucks out and gets the No. 2 seed and we get to face Caleb Hanie in the NFCCG. The Bucs and Rams are formidable, completely stacked teams, teams I think we can beat at Lambeau in January, but probably not on the road. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

We didn't fail to close, really. The Buccaneers just caught a heater, got the bounces and had the zebras. Knowing that, we were going to have to be perfect to beat them. I hate that NFC title game more than the Seahawks game. Feel like 2020 was taken from us via questionable calls while 2014 we gave it away. 

Bucs got the breaks but JPP and Barrett wrecked the game, especially on those pivotal drives after we picked Brady on 3 straight possessions in the second half. Wagner had been playing fine up until that game and then got destroyed by Barrett. It was just the wrong time for our OL to finally fail us without 69. 

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Bucs got the breaks but JPP and Barrett wrecked the game, especially on those pivotal drives after we picked Brady on 3 straight possessions in the second half. Wagner had been playing fine up until that game and then got destroyed by Barrett. It was just the wrong time for our OL to finally fail us without 69. 

Thing is, if they don't get those breaks, it likely doesn't come down to those drives. So, I don't feel like we didn't finish, I feel like the NFL was hellbent on getting Tampa to that Super Bowl.

• Like 1

Just now, Leader said:

This ^^

Plus it was the wrong time for our secondary to have specific and crucial "fails"

Also, I wish the refs called defensive holding on the Bucs DBs like they were calling it on them yesterday against NO. The Bucs secondary literally might as well revolve their scheme around holding in the secondary, it's so frequent. 

• Like 1

Just now, packfanfb said:

Also, I wish the refs called defensive holding on the Bucs DBs like they were calling it on them yesterday against NO. The Bucs secondary literally might as well revolve their scheme around holding in the secondary, it's so frequent. 

It's the Seahawk philosophy. They figured they'd get away with it often enough that it would come out to their benefit.

• Like 1