Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

10 hours ago, PrplChilPill said:

Gophers OC moves to Penn State, before the MN bowl game. If I'm a pending recruit, that is a HUGE red flag.

Not following you on this one. Coordinators move to bigger and more prestigious positions all the time. If anything, it should tell a new recruit that the program has had success and is on the upswing. 

On 12/27/2019 at 11:20 AM, PrplChilPill said:

It's a lateral move, and he did it before a bowl game. They need to keep the coaches that have made them successful. If coaches always leave smaller programs, why believe any coach will be there in the four years they are?

It's not a huge red flag.  Penn State is home for the said OC, as he's a native of Pennsylvania.  It's a no-brainer for him and his family.  It would only be a red flag if it were a lateral move to anywhere else.  The loss of Jim Panagos to Rutgers is even bigger, but evenso, that was to his (and PJ's) former head coach Greg Schiano, so not tremendously surprising.  

Edited by swede700

7 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Supposedly we are the leaders to sign Josh Donaldson. Atlanta offered him 3 years. Minnesota is offering 4 years so he's leaning towards signing with Minnesota.

Latest I've heard is that the Braves upped there offer to 4 years. I'm hoping, but I'll be surprised if he picks us. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2869383-josh-donaldson-rumors-braves-nationals-twins-offer-4-year-contracts

38 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

I know nothing about him and either does MLSSoccer.com

New Zealand international player for both the U20 and senior teams. Formerly a forward but switched to fullback in his last two years at UC Santa Barbara. 6’2” and can play centerback.

He is a natural right back in Heath’s system and will back up Metanire (though he will probably go out on loan to get playing time). He pretty much just replaces Carter Manley.