Three Rounds to Complain About

bucsfan333

My take on the Bengals.....

If we go defense in the first, it either has to be am]n impact LB (Roquan or Edmunds) or a potential All Pro at safety.  I like Jackson, bu t we have to factor need into this a bit.

I'm fine with the center in the second.

I'm okay with Fumagali in the third, but how do we go into a draft with three or four huge holes (LT, RT, LB, C) and only address one of them in the top three rounds.  We have a comp coming for Zeitler, but let's face it, this won't do it.  We could go heavy into free agency, but this is Mike Brown's team, so we shall see.  But even if we did, the market is too soft at OT to start trying to overbid for mediocre talent.  

Very nice mock overall even if Jets picks surprised me some.

From a Jags point of vue, id give a B if thats happen. I guess youre assuming ARob will leave when spotting StBrown in the 1st. Anyway id prefer Orlando Brown or Will Hernandez at this spot. Mason Rudolph isn't my fav QB but late in the 2nd im okay with. Jewell late in the 3rd has value but instead of trying to replace Poz id really prefer a TE, i think Dallas Goedert is still available in your mock.

From a Raiders' perspective id give a C to that scenario. I like Payne but like another guy wrote it yet i think Vea is superior. Donta Jax would fill a need (i wish Sean Smith will play elsewhere) but not sure about him except his speed and as someone wrote it yet, a LB is a need so it will be painful to pass on Roquan Smith in the 1st and still not taking Jerome Baker, Malik Jefferson or the Boise guy in the 2nd. Nothing against a tackle in the 3rd but that would be a pick for the future and i bet coach Gruden would like someone to use now in his offense.  The next pick is Anthony Miller and id be more happy to have him than an OT or an alternative would be a RB like Penny.

16 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Only thing I’d change is Malik Jefferson in the 2nd and then it’s pretty good.

I would happily give up Malik Jefferson for the Steelers in the 2nd.  Not a fan.  They need ILB but not Jefferson.  I think he is slow in diagnosing plays.   Duke Ejiofor would be a good fit there

On 24/1/2018 at 5:28 PM, bucsfan333 said:

1.9 San Francisco :: Quenton Nelson, G, Notre Dame
2.27 San Francisco - from New Orleans :: Kerryon Johnson, RB, Auburn
3.6 San Francisco - from Chicago :: Isaiah Oliver, CB, Colorado
3.10 San Francisco :: Darius Leonard, LB, South Carolina State

I would prefer something like this:

1.9 San Francisco :: Joshua Jackson, CB, Iowa
2.27 San Francisco - from New Orleans :: Frank Ragnow, C/G, Arkansas
3.6 San Francisco - from Chicago :: Anthony Miller, WR, Memphis
3.10 San Francisco :: Dorance Armstrong Jr., EDGE, Kansas

Nice job. My only critique on the Packers draft is not taking a safety in the second. GB is probably not signing Burnett back but they did draft Josh Jones in the 2nd round last year. Maybe if Derwin dropped the value would be there but in the 2nd give GB another pass rusher, CB, TE, WR, IOL or DL.

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 1:05 PM, bucsfan333 said:

"aren't" or you don't want them to?

Diggs is listed as a CB. Is that not true? Quin just turned 32. Safety is gonna be a need soon.

What do you think are some needs and who would you draft in this scenario?

He doesn't think they will because the Patriots haven't in the last 7 years. RB is a great choice for the worst running team in the league. I'm just not sure why Derrius Guice was left off.

As for Diggs, he was moved to safety almost exclusively by the end of the season and we also have Killebrew at S. However, I'm not opposed to adding to the group as Tavon Wilson is a FA and Glover Quin is getting up in age.

11 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

He doesn't think they will because the Patriots haven't in the last 7 years. RB is a great choice for the worst running team in the league. I'm just not sure why Derrius Guice was left off.

And the Pats are unique in that they don't really need a running game. They just need to be able to run well enough.

I think Michel moves up draft boards after the combine.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

And the Pats are unique in that they don't really need a running game. They just need to be able to run well enough.

I think Michel moves up draft boards after the combine.

1 hour ago, Louis Friend said:

As for Diggs, he was moved to safety almost exclusively by the end of the season and we also have Killebrew at S. However, I'm not opposed to adding to the group as Tavon Wilson is a FA and Glover Quin is getting up in age.

Since Bellichick has been with the Patriots he's only ever once drafted a RB in the first round (Laurence Maroney). Quinn has learned a philosophy and evaluation & team building system from BB and the Pats. Patricia has also learned under this system. You have to have a process when evaluating 600+ eligible players.

Detroit may have been 32nd in rushing.. and was one win out from being in the playoffs. We don't need a Top 5 Rushing attack. If we have a top 15 - 20 rushing attack it would be more than enough to take the pressure off of Stafford and the defense. Our OL had 10 different line combinations which clearly didn't help.

As for a safety, we can look at adding someone later in the draft due to Quin's age and Wilson's status. We have major holes on the DL and can use help at LB.

Archived