Ravens CB Marlon Humphrey arrested for robbery

bucsfan333

Just now, Darth Pees said:

I was wrong in that post, by the way. It wasn't the hotel, it was an Uber driver who filed charges, and now that I've seen the details it's pretty clear why. It's absolutely justified, from what I've read so far.

Same typically applies with Uber drivers.  Your car insurance typically increases (or at least your insurance company wants to know if you're driving for a ride-share company and will want to increase your premium) because the insurance will cover damages to or things stolen from your vehicle by fares - but then again, the insurance company is going to require (as they do with accidents) a police report to be filed to document what was actually stolen/went down.

Maybe it's because some of the folks on this site are a shade younger, but I'm not sure people realize how often drunk people act a fool in Ubers/Lyfts because they have either the excuse of the alcohol or the alcohol just lowers their inhibitions enough that they don't have the reservations/respect they normally would for the fact that this person driving them isn't "one of their friends."

2 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Yup. Definitely seemed fishy at first but what a dumb move. Not sure what kind of suspension this could bring, especially since as well all know this will be addressed regardless of a conviction.

I doubt it earns a suspension considering it's a first offense and, in the grand scheme of things, relatively minor.  Unless the Ravens decide to make an example of him.  But I wouldn't be shocked if there's a fine handed down and Humphrey just foolishly disintegrated his "get out of jail free" card over something so "relatively minor."

4 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Yup. Definitely seemed fishy at first but what a dumb move. Not sure what kind of suspension this could bring, especially since as well all know this will be addressed regardless of a conviction.

My guess is depending on how severe the "elbow" thing is, it'll draw at least a 1 game suspension or a fine. Someone else indicated that the "elbow" thing could've been Marlon brushing past the Uber driver when he was confronted, but who knows. There'll be some type of discipline, though.

I say we throw the book at him.  No really, that should be his sentence.  The uber driver is given a book (possibly some sort of paperback novel or softcover textbook) that he gets to throw at Marlon Humphrey from a distance of ten feet without retaliation of any kind.   The charges seem completely absurd, so the sentence should be equally absurd.   :P

9 minutes ago, Crickett said:

I say we throw the book at him.  No really, that should be his sentence.  The uber driver is given a book (possibly some sort of paperback novel or softcover textbook) that he gets to throw at Marlon Humphrey from a distance of ten feet without retaliation of any kind.   The charges seem completely absurd, so the sentence should be equally absurd.   :P

I would agree to this if the book chosen could not exceed a retail value of $15.

Confused as to what exactly the charges are here. The PO says a misdemeanor charge (A) of theft of property in the 4th and articles are saying a felony (D) robbery in the 3rd. Substantial difference as far as his record. 

Doubt anything comes of this as long as he stays out of trouble going forward. Way to the left, this is a big misunderstanding. Way to the right, he was being obnoxious and did something stupid (but pretty harmless in the grand scheme of things). Can’t imagine this stays relevant either way.

Just now, PapaShogun said:

You can take them out of the streets, but you can't take streets out of them. I guess for some people.

That sounds quite harsh. It's not like he beat up the uber driver, got into a fight with the cops and then peed on his cell mate while in the drunk tank.

What he did was wrong and I hope he receives the necessary amount of punishment; aka whatever is needed for him not to make the same mistake again.

Archived