Ravens CB Marlon Humphrey arrested for robbery

bucsfan333

Here's the info about why Marlon Humphrey is charged with robbery. An Uber driver was giving Humphrey and three women a ride to a hotel, said Humphrey asked to borrow a charger but refused to return it before elbowing him in the side. Charger didn't fit Humphrey's phone.

Annnnd, there's his out right there! All Humphrey has to do to win what is already shaping up to be The Trial Of The Century is hire a shyster lawyer,  hold up the the phone and the mis-matched charger in the courtroom, while Shyster dramatically announces, "If dat s____ don't fit, you muss acquit!" - He'll become an American Hero. 

Image result for johnnie cochran law firm

1 hour ago, DutchFalcon said:

That sounds quite harsh. It's not like he beat up the uber driver, got into a fight with the cops and then peed on his cell mate while in the drunk tank.

What he did was wrong and I hope he receives the necessary amount of punishment; aka whatever is needed for him not to make the same mistake again.

I was just making a dumb generalization. I don't know anything about the guy. Maybe he has kleptomania. Stealing from someone is wrong though, even if it's a phone charger. He should be punished accordingly. 

12 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

I was just making a dumb generalization. I don't know anything about the guy. Maybe he has kleptomania. Stealing from someone is wrong though, even if it's a phone charger. He should be punished accordingly

So an apology and a return of the charger then?  Who calls the police over a phone charger?  

4 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

So an apology and a return of the charger then?  Who calls the police over a phone charger?  

Someone who does the right thing. You either get walked on, which isn't the right thing to do. You fight for what is yours, it sounds like Humphrey was hoping for it to go that route. Or you call law enforcement and allow them to handle it and there will likely be no blood shed.

If the Uber driver fights for what is his this could have went really bad. I wouldn't blame him if he tried and succeeded/failed to get his item returned himself but there is a risk of injury or death depending on what happened and if either person was armed.

If he is convicted of the robbery charge he would be sentenced from 1-10 years (surely 1) so before anyone thinks this is something that can be laughed off they should realize this is a serious crime even if it doesn't seem like it. If the charger that was stolen doesn't have enough value to make this seem like a legit case then you have to wonder why Humphrey was willing to take and fight to keep the stolen item. Just silly drunk actions probably but being drunk isn't a defense in the court of law so he will be held responsible for his actions.

I do believed they lower the charge and he doesn't do much or any more time and the league will suspend him but if they don't lower the charge the evidence is there it sounds like so he would face a minimum sentence of a year in prison. In that case the NFL suspension won't matter much.

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

Someone who does the right thing. You either get walked on, which isn't the right thing to do. You fight for what is yours, it sounds like Humphrey was hoping for it to go that route. Or you call law enforcement and allow them to handle it and there will likely be no blood shed.

If the Uber driver fights for what is his this could have went really bad. I wouldn't blame him if he tried and succeeded/failed to get his item returned himself but there is a risk of injury or death depending on what happened and if either person was armed.

If he is convicted of the robbery charge he would be sentenced from 1-10 years (surely 1) so before anyone thinks this is something that can be laughed off they should realize this is a serious crime even if it doesn't seem like it. If the charger that was stolen doesn't have enough value to make this seem like a legit case then you have to wonder why Humphrey was willing to take and fight to keep the stolen item. Just silly drunk actions probably but being drunk isn't a defense in the court of law so he will be held responsible for his actions.

I do believed they lower the charge and he doesn't do much or any more time and the league will suspend him but if they don't lower the charge the evidence is there it sounds like so he would face a minimum sentence of a year in prison. In that case the NFL suspension won't matter much.

Dude come on.  I definitely would not call the cops on someone over a phone charger.  Its not a serious crime, and he's likely looking at a fine at most.  

8 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Dude come on.  I definitely would not call the cops on someone over a phone charger.  Its not a serious crime, and he's likely looking at a fine at most.  

Perhaps as an Uber driver he feels obligated to report any theft of his business. Even if it's just a phone charger. Also, it sounds like he was assaulted according to one report. 

12 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

You don't get charged or convicted with Robbery for stealing a $10 phone charger, what are you on about? lol

Just now, Thomas5737 said:

So you just let someone take it?

A freaking phone charger?  Yes.  Its not worth the hassle for me to deal with the cops.  Is it a really crappy thing for Humphrey to do?  Yes, but I still wouldn't sick the cops on him.  

26 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I know where i will be getting my phone chargers from from now on

3 hours ago, The LBC said:

Same typically applies with Uber drivers.  Your car insurance typically increases (or at least your insurance company wants to know if you're driving for a ride-share company and will want to increase your premium) because the insurance will cover damages to or things stolen from your vehicle by fares - but then again, the insurance company is going to require (as they do with accidents) a police report to be filed to document what was actually stolen/went down.

Maybe it's because some of the folks on this site are a shade younger, but I'm not sure people realize how often drunk people act a fool in Ubers/Lyfts because they have either the excuse of the alcohol or the alcohol just lowers their inhibitions enough that they don't have the reservations/respect they normally would for the fact that this person driving them isn't "one of their friends."

Wow, watch it there @The LBC, you're approaching @vike daddy territory...almost. :P

As for the topic at hand, what an idiot. I'm sure many of us have been intolerably drunk at one point or another in our lives, but it's hard to imagine any normal/sane person doing something as stupid as this. Why is it that of all the athletes in various sports, football players continue to live up to the reputation of being the dumbest?

19 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

A freaking phone charger?  Yes.  Its not worth the hassle for me to deal with the cops.  Is it a really crappy thing for Humphrey to do?  Yes, but I still wouldn't sick the cops on him.  

I imagine there's two lines of thinking to this. Maybe the guy knew who Humphrey was and wanted to target him, i.e. civil suit. Alternatively, if the reports are true and Humphrey legit bullied and "assaulted" the dude into giving him his charger, then I can see how the best way of getting back at him would be by sicking the cops on him and dragging his name through the public. I mean, maybe if this was a regular joe we were talking about the uber driver could have just stepped outside and settled this with good ole fisticuffs. However, this is a 6'1 ~200lb professional athlete we're talking about here, no need to add have manslaughter added onto the robbery charge.

Archived