Ravens CB Marlon Humphrey arrested for robbery

bucsfan333

Did y’all read the story in the OP? In that one the driver asked for it back and Humphrey refused and threatened him. And since he actually got arrested that is way more believable than it being a misunderstanding which is obviously what the perp is going to say

Dbag move but I’m kinda glad the Ravens seem to be past building a team of choirboy’s which was a colossal failure 

10 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Did y’all read the story in the OP? In that one the driver asked for it back and Humphrey refused and threatened him. And since he actually got arrested that is way more believable than it being a misunderstanding which is obviously what the perp is going to say

Dbag move but I’m kinda glad the Ravens seem to be past building a team of choirboy’s which was a colossal failure 

Up until this point, Marlon Humphrey was regarded as a choir boy. He comes from a good family and he doesn't have a past of this behavior (to my knowledge). I'm not sure what the implications of this are in terms of a suspension or something, but I'm just happy we finally have adequate CB depth.

8 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

He comes from a good family and he doesn't have a past of this behavior (to my knowledge)

I hate the “He comes from a good family” line. That’s how kids always get away with things. Especially in small towns where everyone knows each other. But no one ever really knows what anyone’s family is like behind closed doors 

And unless a player gets arrested you’re usually never going to hear about their  bad behavior 

1 minute ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

I hate the “He comes from a good family” line. That’s how kids always get away with things. Especially in small towns where everyone knows each other. But no one ever really knows what anyone’s family is like behind closed doors 

And unless a player gets arrested you’re usually never going to hear about they’re bad behavior 

I was just using it as reinforcement that he wasn't out on the streets dealing drugs and in gangs.

22 hours ago, cddolphin said:

People get placed in a cage for taking a charger?

I have a hard time believe anybody could be quite so dumb as to threaten someone with force over a charger.. perhaps he was drunk. Perhaps the uber driver was salty and saw an opportunity to turn a mistake by Humphrey into a cash grab.

Well, if there is any good to come out of it, at least he had the mind to order an uber instead of driving drunk and keep people safe.;)

1 hour ago, cddolphin said:

People get placed in a cage for taking a charger?

I have a hard time believe anybody could be quite so dumb as to threaten someone with force over a charger.. perhaps he was drunk. Perhaps the uber driver was salty and saw an opportunity to turn a mistake by Humphrey into a cash grab.

Or perhaps Humphrey was the one doing the grabbing and the Uber driver preferred unfettered ownership of his phone charger. I mean, just say'in.

1 hour ago, pigsooie5 said:

Seriously? You're a glorified taxi driver, gunna file ROBBERY charges on someone because of a phone charger? What a....

This is pretty elitist. The guy is trying to make money. He needs his charger to make money. He’s driving for Uber so there’s a good chance he needs the money. $15 for a new charger could be a major inconvenience 

People that don't know the difference between robbery and burglary need a quick lesson:

Robbery isn't a misunderstanding, or accidentally/absent mindlessly taking something that doesn't belong to you, which SOMETIMES theft is. Robbery is clearly in an aggravated/menacing/threatening manner taking something that isn't yours.

2 hours ago, Darth Pees said:

The alcohol box on the police report is checked, and the report notes that the charger (worth $15!) was taken from a hotel/motel on Saturday, January 13th at 3:19am. Kind of baffling that the hotel would file charges over that.

Not baffling at all.  They're a business and it's not good business to just take it on the nose, nor is this type of thing a boardroom decision if we're talking about a larger chain.  Hotel staffers have protocol they're expected to follow and that often includes filing a police report for anything stolen that would need to be replaced because the hotel can't write off the expense against their insurance if there's no police report accounting for how it came to be missing/needing replacement.

1 hour ago, Darth Pees said:

More details:

Goddamnit, Marlon. Are you kidding me?

EDIT: Also, WHY ARE YOU AT A FRAT PARTY WHEN YOU'VE GRADUATED COLLEGE ALREADY?! jfc

I'm always surprised by how bad people are at censoring these kind of documents.

Over/under on mr Patton getting shanked by a Ravens/Alabama fan?

3 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Not baffling at all.  They're a business and it's not good business to just take it on the nose, nor is this type of thing a boardroom decision if we're talking about a larger chain.  Hotel staffers have protocol they're expected to follow and that often includes filing a police report for anything stolen that would need to be replaced because the hotel can't write off the expense against their insurance if there's no police report accounting for how it came to be missing/needing replacement.

I was wrong in that post, by the way. It wasn't the hotel, it was an Uber driver who filed charges, and now that I've seen the details it's pretty clear why. It's absolutely justified, from what I've read so far.

3 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

I was wrong in that post, by the way. It wasn't the hotel, it was an Uber driver who filed charges, and now that I've seen the details it's pretty clear why. It's absolutely justified, from what I've read so far.

Yup. Definitely seemed fishy at first but what a dumb move. Not sure what kind of suspension this could bring, especially since as well all know this will be addressed regardless of a conviction.

Archived