Eagles vs Patriots SBLII GDT

Nabbs4u

17 minutes ago, RollEagles said:

Pats Fan: "This artificial no one believes in us crap eagles fans are playing is hilarious."

*Posts image of game picks by national writers and analysts where literally 35 people picked the Patriots and 0 picked the Eagles*

Pats Fan: Eagles fan sure are sensitive about this artificial no one believes in them crap.

You aren't even a TD underdogs according to Vegas. Plenty of people have said they think the Eagles have more than a good chance, even the ones picking against them. You wouldn't even be the biggest underdogs against the Patriots in their Super Bowl history. Patriots were bigger underdogs against the Rams and Bears. Giants were bigger underdogs against the Pats. 

Yeah you are being sensitive to it. I think most people expect this to be a close game. 

^^ Yes they are. If we're being honest the Eagles are better at Rushing the ball, stopping the Run and Rushing the passer.

Problem is the Patriots have the clear cut advantage with the two most important positions in football. QB and HC. Only time will tell whether or not for a singular day, Foles, Pederson and the "Eagles Team" can be better.

6 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

^^ Yes they are. If we're being honest the Eagles are better at Rushing the ball, stopping the Run and Rushing the passer.

Problem is the Patriots have the clear cut advantage with the two most important positions in football. QB and HC. Only time will tell whether or not for a singular day, Foles, Pederson and the "Eagles Team" can be better.

Also I'd argue the Patriots have the most dynamic play maker in Gronk in the game.

6 hours ago, iothar said:

Must not be listening very hard. I live in New England and plenty of pats fans are scared this week and were scared last week. This is a weak pats team compared to years past.

This articial no one believes in us crap eagles fans are playing is hilarious. Even guys on WEEI (the biggest sports station in New England) has guys who are picking against. Former pats employees are very frightened (see Lombardi's podcast following championship weekend). 

People who are blindly picking the Pats on the radio station couldn't name more than 5 eagles players and just say things like "pats aren't losing" and just move on to super bowl trip talk. When I lived in PA the same crap was said on eagles radio. More money has come in on the eagles and plenty of people believe they can win. Everyone is rooting for the eagles.

And if the eagles don't win? Imagine if they had wentz.

Sounds like you're getting excuses ready...

Just stop, The Eagles are not the favorites against a 5-time SB Champion (defending Champs) with all their injuries and a backup QB...No matter how hard you spin it.  Just go through the thread and how see how many are picking the Pats to win vs. the Eagles.  Im guessing at least 75-80% think Pats will win.  "Rooting for" and "believing they'll win" are two different things.  People are rooting against the Pats 'cause everyone is sick and tired of them winning.  So, not sure what that has to do with the actual picking of who they think will win.

1 hour ago, mission27 said:

You guys are only 5 point dogs and money is still pouring in on the Eagles money line, but sure, nobody believes you have a chance.  

There's a difference between being a moderate underdog and nobody thinking you have a chance.

I mean the line did open at 6 or 6.5 depending on where you looked.

But, yeah... the line is actually 4.5 some places which is way closer to where I believe it should be than I would have expected.

Like I would have expected the line to be at -3 or so with Wentz, so I thought with Foles it would be more like -6 at least and probably -7.

17 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I've talked to non-Eagles/Patriots fans the past week since the Championship games and I've had like several people tell me the Eagles can't win cause the Patriots will cheat.

So funny hearing what the casual football fan thinks.

I guess it's amusing that there are a lot of delusional people out there

20 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I mean the line did open at 6 or 6.5 depending on where you looked.

But, yeah... the line is actually 4.5 some places which is way closer to where I believe it should be than I would have expected.

Like I would have expected the line to be at -3 or so with Wentz, so I thought with Foles it would be more like -6 at least and probably -7.

With Wentz, I think it'd be +/- 1 in either direction tbh.  Similar to SB 49.  Eagles are probably the better team but the Patriots have Belichick/Brady which could be the difference in the end.  Without Wentz I think 3-5 points is appropriate. 

4 minutes ago, mission27 said:

With Wentz, I think it'd be +/- 1 in either direction tbh.  Similar to SB 49.  Eagles are probably the better team but the Patriots have Belichick/Brady which could be the difference in the end.  Without Wentz I think 3-5 points is appropriate. 

I think its appropriate too, but I just figured the Pats would be favored by more.

Even with Wentz I expected the line to be no lower than 2.

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I think its appropriate too, but I just figured the Pats would be favored by more.

Even with Wentz I expected the line to be no lower than 2.

I think the only reason we aren't being predicted as a 7 point underdogs is cause of how badly we beat Minny. If we had played a close game with them, Vegas would have us at a minimum 7 point underdog.

3 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I think the only reason we aren't being predicted as a 7 point underdogs is cause of how badly we beat Minny. If we had played a close game with them, Vegas would have us at a minimum 7 point underdog.

Agreed although I think it has more to do with how Foles played than the final score.  Wasn't scared of you after the Falcons game, but if that Nick Foles still exists, you guys can beat anyone.

2 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I've talked to non-Eagles/Patriots fans the past week since the Championship games and I've had like several people tell me the Eagles can't win cause the Patriots will cheat.

So funny hearing what the casual football fan thinks.

I have done the same and found the opposite, that several people are cheering for the Patriots because they're a shining example of how there is no substitute for hard work. Anecdotes for the win.

Seriously, though. I live in the Chicago area. For the most part, I've found that Bears fans don't share that kind of opinion. Neither do Lions, Vikings or Packers fans. They're sick of the Patriots being in the Super Bowl, but it never devolves into whiny claims about cheating. They just can't wait until Belichick and Brady retire. Really the only fans in the area that do spout the kind of childish vitriol you're mentioning are Colts fans, for pretty obvious reasons. Generally I've found that people on the Internet spout a lot more hate toward the Patriots than I've experienced in real life.

Archived