Nintendo Switch Thread

On 5/6/2018 at 6:32 PM, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Playing Xenoblade 2 finally. Not sure I like the combat, but I just got to the first big city. Enjoying the story so far.

Is it anything like the original Xenoblade? 

29 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Is it anything like the original Xenoblade? 

I never played the original. I read a few articles on if I needed the first two for this to make sense and they all said no. Kotaku has a good article for how I feel about it right now after 5 hours.

4 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

I never played the original. I read a few articles on if I needed the first two for this to make sense and they all said no. Kotaku has a good article for how I feel about it right now after 5 hours.

Thanks. I know the stories aren't connected, I was just wondering if the game play was similar.

38 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

Well, here's some news that's bound to turn quite a few heads. Retro allegedly has a new Star Fox game in the works. Get this: a Star Fox racing game. 

Eh, I guess stranger things have happened. *cough*METALGEARZOMBIES*cough*

Still, though, Star Fox racing, r u srs? xD

Reading the first part regarding a new Star Fox game just to get to the end of the sentence.......

giphy.gif

The rumored Star Fox thing seems like just the sort of thing that Nintendo would somehow make awesome. Retro Studios has a pretty awesome track record. 

Of course, it could also suck, but we will see. It does seem weird to start up another racing series when Nintendo could always dust off F-Zero or Diddy Kong Racing. 

14 hours ago, Lions017 said:

The rumored Star Fox thing seems like just the sort of thing that Nintendo would somehow make awesome. Retro Studios has a pretty awesome track record. 

Of course, it could also suck, but we will see. It does seem weird to start up another racing series when Nintendo could always dust off F-Zero or Diddy Kong Racing. 

Eh no offense but this screams Nintendo fanboy. It will probably be met with praise and I assume it will be a good game but its not really what anyone would want with Starfox. Like you said, you have Mario Kart, F-Zero, Diddy Kong, and probably others including "GASP" maybe an original title.  

I want a damn good Starfox shooter. 

On 5/16/2018 at 9:52 AM, Spartacus said:

Eh no offense but this screams Nintendo fanboy. It will probably be met with praise and I assume it will be a good game but its not really what anyone would want with Starfox. Like you said, you have Mario Kart, F-Zero, Diddy Kong, and probably others including "GASP" maybe an original title.  

I want a damn good Starfox shooter. 

This. I would much rather they try their hand with a Star Fox shooter.

I know their last go at a traditional SF didn't go that hot (Star Fox Zero), but that's like tearing down a house with a leaky fan and moving into a trailer. Sure, it may not be that bad for what it is, but wouldn't you certainly prefer a good house with a working fan?

5 hours ago, Mossburg said:

Tropical Freeze or GTFO

This. Plus second half of 2018 is going to be where we start seeing more first party games.

Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition - tomorrow

Mario Tennis - June 22nd

Crash Bandicoot - June 29th

Yoshi - late 2018

Smash - late 2018

And that’s just Nintendo franchise staples getting a release. That doesn’t include the other developers who are releasing stuff.

Also kinda weird to see “pretty much nothing worth playing”. If getting Mario Kart, Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, and a ton of enjoyable platformers and local multiplayer games doesn’t interest you, maybe buying a Nintendo product wasn’t the smartest thing you could have done.