Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

4 hours ago, swede700 said:

I feel bad for him, but I felt he wouldn't have made it through final cuts, save for the apparent problems he's still having with concussions which put him on the PUP list in the first place. 

I think Gedeon would have easily been on the roster. And our run defense would be a lot better too. 

That is great news. Elflein is an ideal backup to have active. He can backup both guard positions and center. I don't imagine Elflein's activation is great news for Brett Jones. With no reason to call him up from the practice squad, there may be no reason for the team to continue employing him at all.

Elflein may not be one of the game active players this week, but when he is activated for games I have a hard time believing they would insert him in front of a healthy Ezra Cleveland unless Cleveland has a couple terrible weeks. Elflein, at his best, is a poor starting guard himself. Unless Cleveland is suddenly looking completely lost out there the team should go with the promising rookie.

34 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Really confusing move to me. Releasing a cheap backup that you’ve invested a ton of time in on a shaky if improving OL is a head scratcher.

there must have been some disagreement over starting?

I’m a bit puzzled by it as well, but Elflein was drafted by different coaches and for a different blocking system. So, if Kubiak/Dennison have “their guys” I guess it’s not entirely surprising. 

The biggest surprise to me is that cutting him makes him ineligible for a comp pick. 

Edited by SemperFeist