Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

50 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

The #Vikings have placed T Riley Reiff on Reserve/COVID-19.

I would love for this to mean a game of Cleveland at LT to see him there, and someone like Hinton or Udoh at guard, but it likely means Rashod Hill who’s likely out the door at the end of the year. 

33 minutes ago, swede700 said:

And being the 14th spot in the draft means that they were close to where they should be, although a little worse, since they should be 8-8.

If the Vikings were 8-8 they would be in the playoffs over the 8-8 Bears (2-4 division record). The Vikings draft position would depend on when they were eliminated from the playoffs.

Edited by Cearbhall

8 minutes ago, swede700 said:

The Aviante Collins' era is over...I had such hopes for him and it just never panned out.

I thought he’d develop into a solid backup, and actually thought he had a sleeper’s chance to take one of the guard jobs in Kubiak’s system, but he never could get off the practice squad. After 4 years it’s time to give someone else a chance. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I'm assuming they are getting a component HC. Lynn is 100% not that.

Lynn had some bad mistakes this past year, but don’t for one second ink that he was an incompetent head coach. An overall winning record, and a playoff win show otherwise. 

The Chargers are taking a gamble that they can find a more QB centric head coach that will mesh perfectly with Herbert. But there’s no guarantee. They may hire the next McVay, or they may hire the next Gase. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Lynn had some bad mistakes this past year, but don’t for one second ink that he was an incompetent head coach. An overall winning record, and a playoff win show otherwise. 

The Chargers are taking a gamble that they can find a more QB centric head coach that will mesh perfectly with Herbert. But there’s no guarantee. They may hire the next McVay, or they may hire the next Gase. 

And that guy will be Daboll.  Who knows which way he'll go...he hasn't really been stellar up until he managed to get Stefon Diggs on his offense.

And I agree with you, I've thought that Lynn was a far better head coach than given credit for.  He just happened to be the head coach under incompetent ownership.  

Edited by swede700

I don't follow the Chargers closely, but in the few games I watched Lynn made some very poor decisions. I wouldn't be happy to have him as the coach of the team I root for. If I were a Chargers fan I would for sure be calling for his head. Again, it is based on a small sample set but my impression is that Lynn is a pretty bad head coach. My opinion might be different if I watched all of their games. He showed really poorly in what I saw.

I would be plenty happy to have to have the man Lynn showed himself to be on Hard Knocks as a coach on this team.  He's a great teacher and communicator, and his players love him.  I do think that he was in over his head a bit as a head coach, and he struggles in some of the same areas of game management that Zimmer does, but if he doesn't have those things on his plate I think he'd be a good addition to any staff.  

Edited by RpMc
omitted a word
  • Like 1