Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

Good Lord...with this signing they are setting up for a picking another corner in the 1st!!!  Just kidding...I think.  I really don't get this signing...unless it's purely for depth.  He may be a tick better than Samia, but not by much.

Watching some of the Twitter scouts going through Cole’s play, it really looks like his biggest issue was getting into his stance quickly enough after the snap. 

There may be a reason for some optimism if he’s no longer tasked with snapping the ball. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, byuvike88 said:

Wolfson mentioned in Skor North today that the Vikings have been talking with Geno Atkins. If the price is low enough I'd be all over that

Could fill the Tom Johnson role I’d imagine. Wouldn’t want him starting but he wouldn’t have to here.

Theoretically, the Vikings have their starter/place holder for every spot on the line now, so I wouldn't be shocked if we are done in FA when it comes that that market (like @SemperFeist, draft day me wants to add Forrest Lamp). 

LT - Hill/O'Neill
LG - Cole
C - Bradbury
RG - Cleveland
RT O'Neill/Hill

Still, at least, two big question marks with one guard spot and one tackle spot, but it does allow them to let the draft come to them a little bit more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RpMc said:

Still, at least, two big question marks with one guard spot and one tackle spot, but it does allow them to let the draft come to them a little bit more.

That’s why my biggest desire to add a player like Lamp. A camp competition between Cole and Lamp essentially eliminates the immediate need to draft a starting caliber guard. It gives the team some flexibility heading into the draft. While a competition between Cole and Lamp isn’t necessarily the long term answer, it is the answer, for better or worse, for this season. It allows the team to focus on one position along the offensive line as a need. If a o-linemen is the best player available in the mid/ later rounds, fantastic. But the pressure to find one in less. 

Go in to the draft focusing on getting one top level o-linemen. If it’s a tackle, they can keep Cleveland at guard, or if it’s a guard, they can kick Cleveland outside. And if it’s someone who can possibly play either spot (Slater 🙏), they can play around with where they put that player and Cleveland during OTAs and mini camp. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 2