Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

3 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Why move on? Healthy, he’s as good as anyone you’d get to replace him. 

Plus, while I like seeing Mack come back. Coming back on a vet minimum deal doesn’t guarantee him anything. 

That's all he's getting? 

Maybe he'll be competing with Hughes for a roster spot.  I could see them wanting to keep Hand and/ or a mid round rookie at the back of the depth chart although I wonder if someone will move to safety

11 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Why move on? Healthy, he’s as good as anyone you’d get to replace him. 

Plus, while I like seeing Mack come back. Coming back on a vet minimum deal doesn’t guarantee him anything. 

He has the 13th highest cap hit on the team and may be less in our future plans than Harrison Hand or a rookie.

9 minutes ago, HeydudemanG said:

He has the 13th highest cap hit on the team and may be less in our future plans than Harrison Hand or a rookie.

And cutting him only saves around $500K towards the cap, which is less than it would cost for another corner to replace him on the roster. 

6 hours ago, swede700 said:

That's where I originally thought he was going to end up at.

Right. Plus Zimmer doesn't seem to put a lot of resources into that position. It's a bit weird though since he puts a premium on CB.

Maybe its because Harrison Smith is so good that the SS isn't asked to do much or its just the scheme. 

Either way, we may not be in such a bad situation. Hand could be looking at being Zimmer's newest starter at SS!