Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

4 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Sounds like he can get after the QB too, which doesn’t have to equate to total number of sacks. Disrupting the pocket will certainly help create pressures. I’d assume that Tomlinson should see more playing time than Pierce due to the ability to potentially remain on the field in passing situations. 

I think Dalvin will see more time than Pierce but i think he effectiveness/win rate will reduce the more we ask him to rush the passer on 3rd and long... and quite frankly opposing team may welcome that, helping to enable their QB to sit behind the OL longer not having a 'pure/better' pass rushing DL to contend with. 

38 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

I think Dalvin will see more time than Pierce but i think he effectiveness/win rate will reduce the more we ask him to rush the passer on 3rd and long... and quite frankly opposing team may welcome that, helping to enable their QB to sit behind the OL longer not having a 'pure/better' pass rushing DL to contend with. 

I guess I’m not so sure, there’s a fair shot both could have time out. With hunter back, the rest of free agency, and the draft we could see others slide inside on 3rd down packages.

4 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I can't remember if I saw it or not, but this designation will help free up some money after the draft, especially if they want to leave themselves some room in case of another injury where they have to pick up a street FA.

The designation allows the team to spread Rudolph’s dead money hit over 2 years. I think I saw like ~$1.5M in 2021 and ~$2.0M in 2022. 

The only “downside” is that none of the $7.9M in cap savings will hit the books until June 2. But since the team will need roughly $6M to sign their rookies and a practice squad, it’s good timing. 

Thielen’s cap number has gone from over $13.468 million to $5.698 million as a result of the move.

There are three years left on Thielen’s contract. He is set to make over $12 million next season, more than $13 million in 2023, and $15.4 million during the final year of his pact.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/18/vikings-restructure-adam-thielens-contract/