Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

Several different activities will be taking place throughout the community as a result of Marshall High School being named Minnesota’s Football Program of the Year and for winning the In the Game Award from the Minnesota Vikings and Innovative Office Solutions.

“The Minnesota Vikings will be taking over Marshall on Friday, April 13 and Saturday, April 14 to celebrate the Marshall Tigers football program being named their 2017 Minnesota Football Program of the Year,” head coach Terry Bahlmann said. “There are a lot of exciting events that will be taking place on these two days. It should be a lot of fun for all ages.”

Along with free autograph sessions, youth football clinics, elementary school visits and much more, there will be a Town Takeover Festival that will include the presentation of a $10,000 check to the football program, a bean bag tournament and other activities. Vikings players, cheerleaders and mascot will be in attendance at the festival, which takes place from noon-3 p.m. Saturday at the Southwest Minnesota State University R/A Facility.

“It is a really nice honor for our football program and community to be recognized statewide as the Vikings’ High School Program of the Year,” Bahlmann said. “Besides the honor of being recognized, there is a check for $10,000 to our football program and any proceeds from the events on Friday also go to the program. There are a lot of people that work hard to help make our Marshall football program special and it always nice to be recognized statewide for that hard work.”

http://www.marshallindependent.com/news/local-news/2018/04/vikings-to-take-over-marshall/

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

I’m really not against it if we don’t try and force him the ball. He would truely be able to play that bigger red zone threat for us.

I like his ability. I like his potential impact on the field for this team. I don’t like his antics on the sidelines. If he’s not disruptive and employs a team first mentality, I’d be fine with a reasonable, cap friendly 1 year deal.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Klomp said:

Several different activities will be taking place throughout the community as a result of Marshall High School being named Minnesota’s Football Program of the Year and for winning the In the Game Award from the Minnesota Vikings and Innovative Office Solutions.

“The Minnesota Vikings will be taking over Marshall on Friday, April 13 and Saturday, April 14 to celebrate the Marshall Tigers football program being named their 2017 Minnesota Football Program of the Year,” head coach Terry Bahlmann said. “There are a lot of exciting events that will be taking place on these two days. It should be a lot of fun for all ages.”

Along with free autograph sessions, youth football clinics, elementary school visits and much more, there will be a Town Takeover Festival that will include the presentation of a $10,000 check to the football program, a bean bag tournament and other activities. Vikings players, cheerleaders and mascot will be in attendance at the festival, which takes place from noon-3 p.m. Saturday at the Southwest Minnesota State University R/A Facility.

“It is a really nice honor for our football program and community to be recognized statewide as the Vikings’ High School Program of the Year,” Bahlmann said. “Besides the honor of being recognized, there is a check for $10,000 to our football program and any proceeds from the events on Friday also go to the program. There are a lot of people that work hard to help make our Marshall football program special and it always nice to be recognized statewide for that hard work.”

http://www.marshallindependent.com/news/local-news/2018/04/vikings-to-take-over-marshall/

Snowmaggedon cancelled most of the activities tonight and tomorrow. They're rescheduling the youth clinics and some other stuff for another date.

PA obviously did his show from here this morning. A number of team employees were in town, and apparently I've seen confirmation that Paul Krause was here.