Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

10 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I’m not looking at Richardson for an extension without even seeing him play. 

We do have the last 5 years showing that Richardson’s somewhere between good to great at one of the most valuable positions in the game. The only concerns are his off field / attitude problems and his ability to fit with the new team, coaches and scheme.

1 hour ago, gopherwrestler said:

So, basically everything outside of what his previous 5 years of tape have shown on the field.

Right, but not his play on the field, which is the point I was responding to, and the only thing we as fans can see for ourselves. 

There’s no real doubt Richardson can play. If the Vikings thinks he fits their scheme, can work with their coaches, etc, and if he wants to stay long term in Minnesota, I’d have no problem with the Vikings planning to sign him long term even before he plays a game in purple. 

I assume the one year deal was Richardson’s idea so he can push his price up after his low sack total last year. 

Edited by Krauser

9 hours ago, Krauser said:

Davante Adams has had 3 concussions so I’m not sure he’s a better longterm bet, and he got full price.

Exactly. He's not going to take less money from us just because he's familiar with us. If we don't pay him full price, somebody else will. Our best sales pitch is that we can make him rich a year earlier than any other team, so that's more incentive for us to get something done this year.

Listening to Everson on PA's show this morning I realized how much that foot injury derailed his season. I hadn't that about it much, but man he was on fire. And it was on a meaningless dumb play. It wasn't like he was trying to extend his sack streak, he had already done that. I don't understand why he was even in the game at that point. He could have had a really special season (he thinks he would have broken the sack record). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, disaacs said:

This is not directed only at you, but rather just a general pet peeve of mine.

When you see a report like this, PLEASE go the extra mile and credit the correct source. Since you were already on that site because you had to copy/paste the excerpt, you could've just clicked on CT's name and copied that link, since that is the true source of the report.