Alex Smith to be traded to Washington for 3rd round pick and CB Kendall Fuller; agrees to extension

Apparition

1 minute ago, matt79511 said:
8 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

Not only this, but the Chiefs let Alex go after 2018 they would have gotten a 3rd comp pick next year for sure. Plus Alex agreed to sign an extension... I think this could be big. Josh Norman big

Not sure this deal makes sense for KC if they're getting someone back who makes almost as much as Alex was scheduled to. Hence why I think it's probably Preston Smith or Ryan Anderson. Peters and Norman would be an incredible combination though

Correct me if I'm wrong, but would the Redskins not have to pay Norman's signing bonus on the way out the door? So Washington would have to pay $9m now, leaving Norman with $13.5m, $11.5m, and $12.5m cap hits the next 3 years. KC currently has $7.7m cap space after the deal, and Hali and DJ being cut would save almost $16m.

Not saying they will or should, but it isn't totally unrealistic

1 minute ago, Thaiphoon said:

Congrats sir! I look forward to our 3am chats on the forum as we try to get the babies to sleep

I think I've found a way around it this time.  I'm making "sacrifices" since we have a house this time and a guest bedroom and just moving my mother-in-law (since she retired last year) in for the first 4 months.

• Like 1

Have no issues moving on from Cousins, let some other team hitch their wagon to that contract. He's somewhere from the 12-15th best QB in the NFL, you don't sign those guys long term IMO. Not sure why they didn't shop him on the tag and get a good deal of picks however.

No issue with a 3rd for Smith either.

Then you get to 4 years and 71m guaranteed for Smith. What in the hell is the thought process there!?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I think I've found a way around it this time.  I'm making "sacrifices" since we have a house this time and a guest bedroom and just moving my mother-in-law (since she retired last year) in for the first 4 months.

Mine is now nearby (just moved from NY last year) and my mom is about 30 minutes away. We might have "hacked" this one as well.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Have no issues moving on from Cousins, let some other team hitch their wagon to that contract. He's somewhere from the 12-15th best QB in the NFL, you don't sign those guys long term IMO. Not sure why they didn't shop him on the tag and get a good deal of picks however.

Then you get to 4 years and 71m guaranteed for Smith. What in the hell is the thought process there!?

Thought process?

THOUGHT PROCESS??!!!

Actual picture of Bruce Allen:

giphy.gif

• Like 5

Just now, Thaiphoon said:

Mine is nearby and my mom is about 30 minutes away. We might have "hacked" this one as well.

I just remember the first time around with the twins where, and my wife still talks about this at parties, we had to call my mom in from 45 minutes away at 3am because between the two of them the twins cried non-stop for 12 hours... and a sleep-deprived and at-the-end-of-his-rope LBC put his fist through a door.

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

I want to say congrats, but you're just a copycat of @Thaiphoon

OKay, not really. Congratulations! 

To be fair, I feel like I'm coming out the real winner here because I'm getting another son AND a wife who's delivering via C-section and getting her tubes tied in the same hospital visit.  No snippy snippy for LBC.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but would the Redskins not have to pay Norman's signing bonus on the way out the door? So Washington would have to pay $9m now, leaving Norman with $13.5m, $11.5m, and $12.5m cap hits the next 3 years. KC currently has $7.7m cap space after the deal, and Hali and DJ being cut would save almost $16m.

Not saying they will or should, but it isn't totally unrealistic

Yeah I mean it's doable, just not sure it's the right thing for them. Those are some huge base salaries for what would be their #2 corner. Would probably end up signing another extension to spread it out.

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I agree that at this moment he is 12-15th best QB range. You get the right talent around him, he could be top10