Alex Smith to be traded to Washington for 3rd round pick and CB Kendall Fuller; agrees to extension

Apparition

Just now, rudyZ said:

Could the Redskins still tag Cousins and trade him right away to the Browns, just to complete the slap in the face that he just got tonight?

theoretically, yes...however Cousins would have to sign the tag before he can be traded, I believe. 

Just now, Forge said:

Jags may not have a choice depending that Bortles injury. Would be really unfortunate if that is the case and they had to miss out on Cousins, who is a very clear upgrade. They'd have to pull a Texans / Browns / Osweiler type trade to get out from under it. 

I'd take Bortles on the Niners, with the cap space that we have, if it came with a second rounder. He'd be inactive on gameday, and after one year, bye bye.

Just now, FireVanceJoseph said:

Cousins will sign with the Broncos and the Vikings & Jags will stick with who they have.

I will love if this is the case. It means that the Broncos would have to create some cap room and the 49ers and Broncos have a very good relationship. I feel like we could get some very good players on the cheap from the Broncos - Emmanuel Sanders and Talib for example. 

Just now, Thaiphoon said:

BTW - we're discussing it over in the Redskins forum. Misery loves company and all that. 

Come on by.

And also, pray for @Woz and I. Its going to be a bumpy ride this offseason

I've have already offered one up to Joe Pesci for you guys. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Jags may not have a choice depending that Bortles injury. Would be really unfortunate if that is the case and they had to miss out on Cousins, who is a very clear upgrade. They'd have to pull a Texans / Browns / Osweiler type trade to get out from under it. 

3-5 week recovery time. It won't affect the physical.

Still would be surprised if we go in a different direction than Blake.

He may be an upgrade, but he also is going to cost a TON and require us to lock him up long-term. I wouldn't be opposed, but I liked what I saw from Blake this year. Like the idea of rolling with him next year and banking on being a little bit more consistent and having your guy for the next several years.

2 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

I'd take Bortles on the Niners, with the cap space that we have, if it came with a second rounder. He'd be inactive on gameday, and after one year, bye bye.

I'd do it in a heart beat as well lol