This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

• 3 weeks later...

I hope the Vikings, who currently hold the 7 seed in the NFC, don't make the playoffs. Chicago and Detroit have already been eliminated.

Fortuitously, the Vikings play their next two games against the Rams, then us at Lambeau. Should be walks in the park for both the Rams and us.

13 minutes ago, pf9 said:

I hope the Vikings, who currently hold the 7 seed in the NFC, don't make the playoffs. Chicago and Detroit have already been eliminated.

Fortuitously, the Vikings play their next two games against the Rams, then us at Lambeau. Should be walks in the park for both the Rams and us.

I don't think the Vikings are a walk in the park for anyone.  

8 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

If a team can pressure them up the middle on a pass rush, they fold big time; the Bears destroyed them last game.  It's time for the Packer D to step up, the offense will take care of itself.  Special teams, hold your breath, hope and pray. 

9 hours ago, pf9 said:

The Vikings are a tough match up for us. Also, what did you see last night that makes you think the Rams are any better than the Vikings? 

9 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Especially us! They always play us tough. 

56 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

The Vikings are a tough match up for us. Also, what did you see last night that makes you think the Rams are any better than the Vikings? 

Especially us! They always play us tough. 

Did you see how the Vikings played against the Bears?  Looking for the Rams to whack the Vikings.   I'll take a "down" Rams team over a "down" Vikings team.

Just now, coachbuns said:

Did you see how the Vikings played against the Bears?  Looking for the Rams to whack the Vikings.   I'll take a "down" Rams team over a "down" Vikings team.

Did you see how the Rams played against the Seahawks who are terrible? 

The curious thing I see concerning the Vikings.  Zimmer.

He LOVES to play cat and mouse with Rodgers.  Zimmer disguises his real defense until right before the snap.

I'd love it if we decided that the new play clock is 6 seconds shorter.  See how that works.  Catch them out of position.

I think Chicago did some of that against them by going up tempo.

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

The curious thing I see concerning the Vikings.  Zimmer.

He LOVES to play cat and mouse with Rodgers.  Zimmer disguises his real defense until right before the snap.

I'd love it if we decided that the new play clock is 6 seconds shorter.  See how that works.  Catch them out of position.

I think Chicago did some of that against them by going up tempo.

Heck, I’d be in favor of just going up-tempo offense altogether.  Really mess with their plans.  The problem is, I don’t think AR can help himself - he likes running down the play clock just to get the defense to commit.

3 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Heck, I’d be in favor of just going up-tempo offense altogether.  Really mess with their plans.  The problem is, I don’t think AR can help himself - he likes running down the play clock just to get the defense to commit.

I’ve seen him change that up a bit more recently. He will still take it down pretty far but not always to the last second. I don’t remember how he played it in Min. Overall, I’m in favor of beating them into submission at Lambeau with the run game but 12 will have to orchestrate a good one and keeping them in their heels with a varied snap count will help our line. 

Just now, Refugee said:

I’ve seen him change that up a bit more recently. He will still take it down pretty far but not always to the last second. I don’t remember how he played it in Min. Overall, I’m in favor of beating them into submission at Lambeau with the run game but 12 will have to orchestrate a good one and keeping them in their heels with a varied snap count will help our line. 

I think it’s a cat and mouse game for AR.  Once he’s relatively sure the defense is set and has shown its hand, he will pull the trigger. If he’s not sure, or just not “buying it”, he’ll wait to the bitter end.  Opponents that disguise their looks until AR snaps the ball as the play clock hits zero have the advantage.  Zimm and a few others exploit this.

• Like 1