This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

40 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

I agree but Lions looked horrendous themselves. Ragnow and Mcneill losses are massive losses for the Lions. Both their OL and DL got a lot weaker. Goff when he doesn't have protection turns into a mediocre QB.

Goff is always a mediocre QB.  It's just a lot easier to work around it when he has protection.

Edited by Mazrimiv

1 hour ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

I agree but Lions looked horrendous themselves. Ragnow and Mcneill losses are massive losses for the Lions. Both their OL and DL got a lot weaker. Goff when he doesn't have protection turns into a mediocre QB.

Ok, but have you seen the past 2 Vikings games? I recommend you don’t but they were historically bad. 

They will play better at home but I’m putting little faith into those games. We need to go there and handle business to close the year. 

Edited by Refugee
  • Like 1

Everyone here looking ahead at our schedule and guessing what will happen.

Man, this is the team that looked like a bottom 5 team not that long ago.  And we are injured.

We gotta keep pulling rabbits out of the hat and then see how we end up.

Like, the Lions just just their butts handed to them by the freakin' Bears.

Chiefs look vulnerable.

Maybe those two teams aren't as good as we thought they were...and maybe they didn't take GB all that seriously.

Handle our business one game at a time.  Show up to play a hard, intense game.  Count the W's and L's at the end of the year and see how it all shakes out.

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Everyone here looking ahead at our schedule and guessing what will happen.

Man, this is the team that looked like a bottom 5 team not that long ago.  And we are injured.

We gotta keep pulling rabbits out of the hat and then see how we end up.

Like, the Lions just just their butts handed to them by the freakin' Bears.

Chiefs look vulnerable.

Maybe those two teams aren't as good as we thought they were...and maybe they didn't take GB all that seriously.

Handle our business one game at a time.  Show up to play a hard, intense game.  Count the W's and L's at the end of the year and see how it all shakes out.

And somewhere in the darkness
The gambler he broke even
But in his final words
I found an ace that I could keep

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

More good news, but in fairness, they've played much better football since acquiring Sweat. 

That may lend more credence to the Bears rolling with Fields too. Next year is make or break for Eberflus and maybe Poles. No chance I'm making my last stand with a rookie quarterback, even if it is Caleb Williams. 

On 12/11/2023 at 2:53 PM, incognito_man said:

Bears fans are convincing themselves to keep Justin Fields.

Things are going swimmingly 

On 12/11/2023 at 3:04 PM, Rainmaker90 said:

I couldn’t imagine cheering for a team that passed on Mahomes and then Caleb Williams. 

On 12/11/2023 at 6:06 PM, spilltray said:

And Stroud 

On 12/16/2023 at 8:17 PM, Refugee said:

Pay the man! He’s on the verge of greatness. 

If you look the Bears forum, I'm in agreement with you guys. He's had 3 offseasons and it's not working still. Before the year everyone said if they improve the line (done) and get him a #1 WR (done) he'll take off like Allen and Hurts, but now there's more excuses since that scenario didn't play out. "Get Harrison, fire Getsy, find a solid #3 WR, sign Biadasz or Hennessy, and then watch out." It's always someone or something else's fault. The problem for the Bears, among many, is that they continue to put either the GM, HC or QB in a tough spot. If they trade Fields in March and take Williams/Maye in April & keep Eberflus and finish 7-10, they'll now be firing Eberflus next January and forcing a QB inheritance on a HC, just like they did Nagy with Trubisky and Eberflus with Fields (and maybe even forcing an inherited QB on a new GM too). To me it makes sense to fire Eberflus- his D has improved but against the likes of awful teams or QB's (Panthers, Cardinals, Dobbs, Howell, etc)- and trade Fields. Hire Johnson or Harbaugh & take Williams or Maye and go that route. Poles has done a decent enough job to give him another 2 years.

Unfortunately for me- fortunately for you all- they'll keep Eberflus, draft Williams/Maye, and then fire Eberflus and make the new HC/2nd year QB relationship awkward as they always do & **** it all up.

Good luck tonight!

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 9

13 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

If you look the Bears forum, I'm in agreement with you guys. He's had 3 offseasons and it's not working still. Before the year everyone said if they improve the line (done) and get him a #1 WR (done) he'll take off like Allen and Hurts, but now there's more excuses since that scenario didn't play out. "Get Harrison, fire Getsy, find a solid #3 WR, sign Biadasz or Hennessy, and then watch out." It's always someone or something else's fault. The problem for the Bears, among many, is that they continue to put either the GM, HC or QB in a tough spot. If they trade Fields in March and take Williams/Maye in April & keep Eberflus and finish 7-10, they'll now be firing Eberflus next January and forcing a QB inheritance on a HC, just like they did Nagy with Trubisky and Eberflus with Fields (and maybe even forcing an inherited QB on a new GM too). To me it makes sense to fire Eberflus- his D has improved but against the likes of awful teams or QB's (Panthers, Cardinals, Dobbs, Howell, etc)- and trade Fields. Hire Johnson or Harbaugh & take Williams or Maye and go that route. Poles has done a decent enough job to give him another 2 years.

Unfortunately for me- fortunately for you all- they'll keep Eberflus, draft Williams/Maye, and then fire Eberflus and make the new HC/2nd year QB relationship awkward as they always do & **** it all up.

Good luck tonight!

Isn't the play to draft Williams, keep Fields and let him start for at least half of next year, possibly the whole year if Bears are in playoff contention. 

Continuing to draft QB's in the first round and throwing them into the fire gets most of them burned around the league, not just in Chicago. 

Fields gets you to the playoffs next year, you have a quarterback, worth a whole lot of draft stock. He bombs, it's not a major loss because you are moving onto to Williams. Fields wasn't bringing much in the way of a trade this off season anyway. 

Two quarterbacks on rookie contracts is not a burden for a team to carry. You don't give Fields the 5th year option, knowing you could tag him at the end of 24 to extend or trade him. 

Kind of gives you a ton of leverage going forward. Plus, time for Williams to get acclimated to the NFL game, workload. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

To me, it just depends on what you feel about Eberflus as a head coach.  I think both @beardown3231 and @Old Guy both have viable solutions to the situation.  With the way the Bears have come around the second half of the season, I would have a real hard time pushing the hard reset button.  In Old Guy's scenario, you do have an Eli/Warner situation at worst, and a Rivers/Brees situation at best.  I have also said, many times, that I really like what the Bears did in the draft this season with an eye for sustained success rather than a flashy move.  It also set them up with the number 1 pick in 24 thanks to a monumental Carolina blunder.  Trading for Sweat has given that defense some teeth, and I think the difference is night and day.

• Like 1