Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

If I’m Dolan I do the following:

Let Kipnis and Bruce go. Try to bring back Santana, Shaw, and Smith. Keep Brantley on his team option.

Call up Francisco Meija finally and get Yandy Diaz going as well. No more holes on offense from Perez and Gomes. If Meija isn’t playing next year, time to either start questioning our scouts or Meija. What I realistically expect:

C- Meija

1B- EE

2B- Ramirez

SS- Frankie

3B- Urshela

DH- Yandy

LF- Brantley (Maybe Greg Allen)

CF- Zimmer

RF- Jackson

Edited by candyman93

Have To keep Santana. He showed he is a stud 1B this year. EE is purely a DH. I would let Shaw walk. Dude has some how had an amazing 5-6year career even tho he has been over worked just about every season. He is due to break down. 

Also so they won’t just let Kipnis go. He will be traded or be on the team. He will be owed too much money to let go. Also not going to end his career here because he had one bad season that was mainly to injuries instead of him just being bad. Just wish tito didn’t force him in the playoffs. Can’t blame him tho because he was really good in the playoffs last year. 

Well guys, it's unfortunately pretty simple:

Our studs didn't step up on the biggest stage when we needed them to.

*Frankie had 1 hit (albeit a huge one).

*Jose Ramirez had the worst series of his life. From an MVP candidate, that can't happen.

*Our Cy Young winning Ace lost a closeout game at home after getting absolutely shelled Game 2.

*Edwin got hurt.

*Urshela directly led to 5 unearned runs by himself in Game 4. Unacceptable.

*Miller, arguably the best reliever in the game, gave up a game losing homerun in Game 3.

Our worst hitter (Perez) was clearly our best offensive player this series. Let that sink in.

It's sad that the Tribe is now 0-6 in their last 6 closeout games, 4 of which have come at HOME.

Call me when it's next April. This one really hurts. I'm sure that the Yankees and their spoiled fanbase will really appreciate that 27th WS Title if they bring it home this year. What a joke. And yes, I realize that I'm bitter and irrational right now, and no, I don't care.

6 hours ago, candyman93 said:

If I’m Dolan I do the following:

Let Kipnis and Bruce go. Try to bring back Santana, Shaw, and Smith. Keep Brantley on his team option.

Call up Francisco Meija finally and get Yandy Diaz going as well. No more holes on offense from Perez and Gomes. If Meija isn’t playing next year, time to either start questioning our scouts or Meija. What I realistically expect:

C- Meija

1B- EE

2B- Ramirez

SS- Frankie

3B- Urshela

DH- Yandy

LF- Brantley (Maybe Greg Allen)

CF- Zimmer

RF- Jackson

I just can't get on the Yandy train at this point. Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane. Dude played 49 games and couldn't even hit a home run. I hope we can retain Bruce and Santana. I also hope Salazar can stay healthy b/c the last few games he got to play, he had some nasty pitches back, and having him in the rotation could be so sick. 

25 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

I just can't get on the Yandy train at this point. Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane. Dude played 49 games and couldn't even hit a home run. I hope we can retain Bruce and Santana. I also hope Salazar can stay healthy b/c the last few games he got to play, he had some nasty pitches back, and having him in the rotation could be so sick. 

Not a fan of the idea of playing EE at 1B too much.  I think that at this point he should spend most of his time as the DH.   

57 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Not a fan of the idea of playing EE at 1B too much.  I think that at this point he should spend most of his time as the DH.   

Yeah I think he posted that in the event that Santana doesn't come back. Though I think if that happens we will see Meija go to 1b.

• Like 1