Foles vs. Wentz - what will the Eagles do??

KC_Guy

11 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Let's break that down

2013- PHI Excellent season

2014- PHI-Not nearly as good but still looked like a capable starter

2015- LAR- Sucked

2016- KC- Backup played a little hard to really gauge 

2017- PHI - 2 good games 2 phenomenal games 5 quarters of not great

So he's had a weird career. I don't know how you can look at these 3 games and say that it is a complete outlier. It is difficult to judge 100% what he is, but you can say his ceiling is Super Bowl MVP. It is all about whether your coach and your system is one that allows him to reach that ceiling or not. 

Chip and the Eagles should have had more faith in Foles, before replacing him. 

21 hours ago, Vladimir L said:

Try to get Foles on the brown

Give up the number 4 pick he is better than any trash qb in this draft

Get him Saquon Barkley and go at it

if that happened I would actually destroy the city in excitement...that wouldn't be fair (or happen)

I mean, I think we were all uncertain of Nick being THE guy when we made that trade, but even 1 for 1, I preferred Nick to Bradford, but we had to give up a 2nd and 4th in that deal too? I think Chip Kelly was trying to sabotage this team honestly.

36 minutes ago, Danger said:

I mean, I think we were all uncertain of Nick being THE guy when we made that trade, but even 1 for 1, I preferred Nick to Bradford, but we had to give up a 2nd and 4th in that deal too? I think Chip Kelly was trying to sabotage this team honestly.

It helped us get here...but god that chubby idiot

We each had our breaking place where eventually him being like a fat little toddler breaking stuff in our house got to be too much and turned on him.

4 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

No, you have to able to drag a team of scrubs in multiple offensive systems to a championship in order to be "for real". Because logic.

Ultimately football is a team game. 

Owner, coaches, Quarterback, offense, defense, special teams. Not many teams win superbowls with a terrible unit in any category. 

1 minute ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Man after reading this thread, if Foles does go onto another team and completely bombs like I expect he will, I can already see certain fans blaming it on the coaching staff.....

Well coaching does matter almost as much (almost) as the surrounding cast.

Proof coaches like Jeff Fisher and Ben MacaDoo

Or the opposite end of the spectrum

Sean McVay and Doug Pederson

Foles isn't 30 yet. He can still have a quality career if he goes to the right team that really tries to invest in him, and doesn't give up on him (Chip Kelly). A few guys like Steve Young, Warren Moon, Rich Gannon, and Trent Green all saw their best days after they were 30. Like I said elsewhere, I think the Bills or Cardinals can make a play for him. 

9 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Well coaching does matter almost as much (almost) as the surrounding cast.

Proof coaches like Jeff Fisher and Ben MacaDoo

Or the opposite end of the spectrum

Sean McVay and Doug Pederson

I agree that coaching matters alot but Foles is getting way too much of a pass on here while the coaches are getting way too much blame. 

And while Goff and Wentz paired Sean McVay and Pederson did a good job this year.......it's been one year so it hasn't proven anything just yet.

20 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I agree that coaching matters alot but Foles is getting way too much of a pass on here while the coaches are getting way too much blame. 

And while Goff and Wentz paired Sean McVay and Pederson did a good job this year.......it's been one year so it hasn't proven anything just yet.

Huh? Man and his Staff just led the Eagles to a SB Title with his back up QB, LT, MLB, PR, K, ST ace. It's the Definition of Coaching Matters.

I agree the sample size is small for both but there's no reason assuming their QB's remain Healthy, either teams Offense tanks in years to come. There both that good at scheming and "leading" Men.

Something coaches like MacaDoo failed miserably at. 

Archived