Malcolm Butler situation

GSUeagles14

6 minutes ago, everlong said:

Any other coach would be immediately fired over this.

Fired? Calm down lol. 

But it was certainly a suspect move. Very strange the way they held it from Butler/Rowe until hours before the game. Maybe they were planning on this all week but didn't want it to be leaked out that Rowe would start, but not sure how that move benefited the team. BB needs to give a better answer than we put out the best players on the field that give us the best chance to win....Um, buddy, then why was Butler on the field so much the rest of the season? His play wouldn't all of a sudden slip to the point he is unplayable just before the Super Bowl. 

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Fired? Calm down lol. 

But it was certainly a suspect move. Very strange the way they held it from Butler/Rowe until hours before the game. Maybe they were planning on this all week but didn't want it to be leaked out that Rowe would start, but not sure how that move benefited the team. BB needs to give a better answer than we put out the best players on the field that give us the best chance to win....Um, buddy, then why was Butler on the field so much the rest of the season? His play wouldn't all of a sudden slip to the point he is unplayable just before the Super Bowl. 

That's precisely why he should be fired. It was clearly done out of spite and it divided the locker room.

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm going to give you Pats fans 48 hours to cool down lol.

Now we are talking about BB being fired? Okay then......

I don’t think he’ll be outright fired but I can very much see this situation being the tipping point that gets him to walk away. There was already a lot of talk before this game or any of this transpired that he could be done after it and now he’d be spending an entire offseason salvaging relationships and trying to make this go away. Nothing would surprise me anymore whether it be Bill Brady or even Gronk.

25 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

I don’t think he’ll be outright fired but I can very much see this situation being the tipping point that gets him to walk away. There was already a lot of talk before this game or any of this transpired that he could be done after it and now he’d be spending an entire offseason salvaging relationships and trying to make this go away. Nothing would surprise me anymore whether it be Bill Brady or even Gronk.

I think Gronk talking retirement is proof this house is crumbling.

4 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Y’all are straight reaching though if you think one of the GOAT coaches would sit this guy out of spite or something, though. Butler had the flu. His conditioning and stamina was probably poor given the illness. Somehow that’s waaaay crazier than Belichick wanting to ruin his already worsened FA value by benching a good player in the biggest game of the year. 

only problem is, why wouldn't anybody just say that if it were the case? That's a reasonable explanation that people would take. Instead Butler is saying they gave up on him and 'football reasons' is the other explanation.

35 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

There was talks of Belichick walking away before the game. If he does so, then it will be because of other reasons not the Butler benching. 

Yea, that's crazy talk. If there are locker room issues which would cause BB to walk away or get moved/fired,  it's far bigger than his handing of a single player.

Do people really not understand who this man is? You cut your entire roster and start over before you kill this golden goose.

Archived