Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

1 hour ago, N4L said:

Why people have week 17 championships, I will never understand. 

I got it banned in my main money league. We used to run a two week championship spanning 16 / 17, but way back in the day...had to have been 10 years ago or so, I'm in the championship and got stuck having to play cleo lemon as my quarterback in the final week. I was really pissed (though I did win anyway lol). Eventually we agreed to bump it up a week so we didn't run into that again.

@drew39k

The no kicker strategy can work if:

1) your kicker is not a top  5 kicker - so you don't drop a good one for a crummy fill in for a week that ends up being longer than that 

2)your opponent has no players playing on Monday night (or just one) so you can know if you actually need to get a kicker 

3) there is a kicker playing in primetime available

4) you have someone you can drop

This week someone for sure has butker and Greg the leg so youll probably end up with Chicago's kicker in this scenario

I am going kickerless in a league this week because the 49ers have a bye and gould is a top 5 kicker. My opponent has all of his guys done by the second round of games but I have gurley cooks so even if I'm down 30 I probably will roll the dice 

I'm not going drop MVS but now I'm nervous about my Wr... my starters are Beckham and JuJu but I lack depth

Depth: MVS, Anthony Miller

How would you rank of the following players in PPR for the ROS

• John Brown- question QB play
  • Danny Amendola- seems to have a good floor
  • DJ Moore- I think he can still shine... Panthers got whooped because they were shut down. Could see them getting DJ involved more to keep defense guessing
  • John Ross- going to see AJ targets? has the speed to get open

Who would you add out of the 4?

I dunno I feel like Jackson staring could open up some big plays. The defense is going to be keying on his legs and if he is able to get moving on the ground the play action or school yard plays could be available. I'd start Brown.

37 minutes ago, drew39k said:

I dunno I feel like Jackson staring could open up some big plays. The defense is going to be keying on his legs and if he is able to get moving on the ground the play action or school yard plays could be available. I'd start Brown.

I'm hoping the broken play with Jackson scrambling helps Brown turn a big Comeback dump of into big play

Should I trade Barkley for CMC in a full ppr league after this week? CMC's schedule is pretty great, Barkley's not so much. Thinking I may even be able to get an additional upgraded piece at wide receiver in the deal as well. I'm really tempted to make that kind of move. Barkley is pretty matchup proof, but there are some less than ideal matchups in there, that's for sure. 

38 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I need a QB this week since Goff has a bye. Who do you pick?

Josh Rosen @ Chargers

Eli Manning @ Eagles

Jameis Winston vs 49ers

Ryan Tannehill @ Colts

Lamar Jackson vs Raiders

Nick Mullens @ Bucs

Its gotta be Winston or Jackson. I would probably go Jackson for just the one week. Is Flacco for sure not playing?

I have mahomes on a bye and Im playing the second place team who is only one game back. I have D.Watson. I could pick up Jackson or just roll with Watson, am I thinking too much about this? 

So Im in first place (9-2) playing the team in second (8-3) who has the most points in the league. Third place is 7-4 and then there are four teams at 6-5 (3 of the top 4 teams have roughly 1200 points with the guy Im facing having 1350)

I have Goff, Kelce, Hunt, B.Cooks, Butker all on a bye. Its a IDP league where I haven't had one because all of the top guys only score 5-8 points a week (Mack and Donald both had 8 points this week even though they had monster games) and I didn't draft any of the top IDP guys instead getting some good depth at other positions. Someone just dropped Joey Bosa, and Im wondering if I should pick him up I know eventually in the playoffs I will need to get one. 

The problem is, I don't know who to drop. Realistically I need to get another QB and a Kicker because I don't feel like I can just gift this guy first place and the third place team is playing someone who is 2-9. And it really feels like the points tiebreaker will be a huge factor in determining 2nd place

Here is my whole team with bye weeks bolded. (.5 ppr 12 man)

Goff

Hunt, Barber, Drake, Ware, M.Brown, Jaylen Samuels, Smallwood

Adams, B.Cooks, Godwin, JuJu, Sanu, Trequan

Kelce  Njoku

Ravens

Butker

The championship is week 17 and first two spots get a first round bye, which I feel like I absolutely need. 

Spencer Ware and Malcom Brown are guys I am holding strictly for week 17 and are un-cuttable. What do you guys think? 

Its basically: Bosa would be a huge addition to my team in the long run, but is he worth missing out on to win this week, or do I just punt this week, or do I drop some of the other lesser players on my roster

So Brady is my QB and I am making the playoffs, hopefully as the 2 seed.

But I need another QB as an emergency just in case Brady continues to be meh.

I picked up Eli for Tom’s bye week - he got me a respectable 17. But he’s still Eli.

So 2 free agents I want are Jameis Winston and Lamar Jackson. Jameis is major hit or miss. Lamar really entices me with his running ability.

What QB should I pick up? I think I’ll keep Eli regardless, but I want one of Jameis/Lamar.

Archived