Heimdallr

aSK anything: 5.0: Designated Steve-vivor

1 minute ago, PrplChilPill said:

We just bought a ninety year old house. I've spend the last five days deconstructing. I'mt too old for this $%^&.

My house isn't nearly that old (it was in it's 50th year when we bought it 2 years ago), but since the previous owner pretty much had done nothing to it in 20 of the 30 years she lived in the house (since her husband had been dead for about 15 years), we've been slowly re-doing everything...and I feel like I'm too old...and too un-handy...for some of it.  :D

57 minutes ago, swede700 said:
1 hour ago, PrplChilPill said:

We just bought a ninety year old house. I've spend the last five days deconstructing. I'mt too old for this $%^&.

My house isn't nearly that old (it was in it's 50th year when we bought it 2 years ago), but since the previous owner pretty much had done nothing to it in 20 of the 30 years she lived in the house (since her husband had been dead for about 15 years), we've been slowly re-doing everything...and I feel like I'm too old...and too un-handy...for some of it.  :D

90, so new. The house I own is 111 years old.

23 hours ago, PrplChilPill said:

just gotta work smart!

North side of the city?

On 12/6/2018 at 10:08 AM, PrplChilPill said:

Congratulations on the purchase!  It will be hard work, but I bet it will be really satisfying once you get it fixed up just the way you want it.  Will you paint the exterior in a nice shade of Viking purple?

On 12/7/2018 at 9:42 AM, Uncle Buck said:

Congratulations on the purchase!  It will be hard work, but I bet it will be really satisfying once you get it fixed up just the way you want it.  Will you paint the exterior in a nice shade of Viking purple?

It is literally already light purple. going to paint the trim dark purple and white this summer. I will try to sneak some gold someplace

On 12/7/2018 at 8:01 AM, vike daddy said:

just gotta work smart!

North side of the city?

Yes. Overlook neighborhood, so the West side of I5, which was not our goal, but the east side is either really bad housing, or too much money.....