2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

8 minutes ago, dafreak said:

TE Trey Burton in 2 Starts w/out Ertz last season: VS Broncos and Rams, 10 Targets, 7 Receptions, 112 Yards, 3 TDs

Dickson's first 2 starts w/out Olson last season: VS Patriots and Lions, 8 Receptions, 237 yards

31 minutes ago, bjwpack said:

Looks pretty good when compared to Burtons 1.0 catches for 10 yards per game over his 4 year career. Also a better blocker. And probably a quarter of the price.

Oh c'mon lol

3 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Gute - "Yo Mike, can you get Whiff back on the roids - we can't cut him, he won't take a pay-cut, he's the best we got, and he's half the man he used to be!"

Mike - "um, well, um, I guess Gute.  Do they still drug test in this league?"  "Can't he just take better angles and quit whiffing?  It'd be a lot easier than taking the roids route!"

Gute - "Yup, there's that too."

Oh roids joke, and a new nickname. Are you the guy who made the lame joke calling Troman "slowpoke" all those years?

15 minutes ago, Leader said:

$$$ signs not withstanding - I think Burtons production can get jacked up. How high? Cant say. He is a fifth year guy now and has had something of a quiet career - so, All Pro might not be right around the corner for him. 

This year: TE Celek was the top guy on Philly in Receptions, Yards and they had a decent stable of WRs: Jeffries, Agholor & Smith. 

I'm a firm proponent that "talent forces itself onto the field". So - is Burton a hidden gem waiting to break out (?) or JAG? Time will tell. 

Salary numbers are getting ridiculous IMO.

This is the second instance of your seeing the NFL as a flat jigsaw puzzle.  Except that's not how it works.

1) Ertz was the top guy in Philly

2) Ertz is the 3rd best TE in the league

3) Neither Ertz nor Burton can really block, so only one can play outside of a few special scenarios

4) Look at the games where Ertz missed time and you'll see what Burton is and what he can be in an expanded role.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Oh roids joke, and a new nickname. Are you the guy who made the lame joke calling Troman "slowpoke" all those years?

Too bad it's not a joke.  I just joined this sh!tshow a few months back so it must be some other misfit you're thinking of.

Just now, Sasquatch said:

"Somewhat intelligent sometimes"?  What's that equate to, about 12% intelligence?  45 IQ?  Meh, it doesn't matter, Clay still whiffs!  :D 

This is tough for me to admit, but I was wrong earlier when I said Matthews was our fourth best player on defense last year.  He was actually somewhere between second and third.  As much as I'd like to spend all day exchanging insults, I actually don't do that.  If I'm the head case, what does that make you? 

I'll just leave these here for you and I'll wait for you to show me all those five whiffs a game.  Otherwise, leave me alone because I don't have anything nice to say to you. 

The following pictures mean more to me than any opinion you could possibly ever provide regarding Matthews, and so does his PFF rank, which shows he had his best season since 2014.  I know it's popular to hate Matthews and lie and act like he does nothing, but he does, and I'm really done with people who try desperately to act like he's bad. 

DX93zTsU8AAbIx4.jpg

DX93zTpUQAEkdEu.jpg

I find it interesting that the run so far has been on offense (Watkins, Robinson, Burton).  I thought the CBs would go first.  Could be a good sign. And there is at least one downfield threat left.  

#optimism

15 minutes ago, blankman0021 said:

Hence why you extend him. Especially if you can get out after year 1 still with minimal dead cap. I’d really like to see how he does with a new DC. I think we’ll see flashes of the old CMIII again. Pettine seems like he’ll use his players to their strengths and not try to force “his defense” on the players as much as Dom was reported to.

I applaud you sir!  You use your frontal cortex and executive function much better than most - myself included.  I have hope for Matthews yet!

4 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

This is the second instance of your seeing the NFL as a flat jigsaw puzzle.  Except that's not how it works.

1) Ertz was the top guy in Philly

2) Ertz is the 3rd best TE in the league

3) Neither Ertz nor Burton can really block, so only one can play outside of a few special scenarios

4) Look at the games where Ertz missed time and you'll see what Burton is and what he can be in an expanded role.

LOL

Archived