2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

10 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Who are the people who told me to settle down, free agency hasn't even started/just started?  I want to know so I can tag you every time a corner signs with someone else and ask when I can panic.  Ray, you were one, right? 

I’m not worried about free agency so feel free to tag me. It’s all good though.  I’ll be concerned when training camp starts and we don’t have another CB. 

13 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Who are the people who told me to settle down, free agency hasn't even started/just started?  I want to know so I can tag you every time a corner signs with someone else and ask when I can panic.  Ray, you were one, right? 

Ha yes, and if we sign one I hope the entire forum tags you.

1 minute ago, BrettFavre004 said:

Likely no one is interested in his current asking price 

I would take that as good news. If he comes down, the Packers can be players. I think drafting one or even two CBs will still be necessary (if for no other reason than to get HZ off the ledge) but some veteran presence will be helpful in the CB room. Right now they are all very young. 

10 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

I would take that as good news. If he comes down, the Packers can be players. I think drafting one or even two CBs will still be necessary (if for no other reason than to get HZ off the ledge) but some veteran presence will be helpful in the CB room. Right now they are all very young. 

They likely sign Melvin and House. Then draft a corner or two.

plus to be fair to house he had a low passer rating against  him...at 40.2 for 2017.

1 minute ago, Green19 said:

They likely sign Melvin and House. Then draft a corner or two.

plus to be fair to house he had a low passer rating against  him...at 40.2 for 2017.

When you are on the sidelines injured, it is hard to complete passes against you.;)

24 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Crabtree is faster than Jordy now.

I don’t think you know what you are talking about. I suggest you watch more football.  Crabtree has the same issues as Jordy which is why he was cut despite having a low contract number. 

I dont know much about Melvin's career history - he'll be 29 in October. 

Dont know why he moved from team to team or when he became a starter - but he's had a fairly significant injury history - including being IR'd in 2017. Years previous I couldnt tell ya.

2014 (BAL) - 3 games played

2015 (NE) - 8 games played

2015 (BAL) - 1 game played

2016 (INDY) - 15 games played

2017 (INDY) - 10 games played

The question in my mind is how likely would we be to get a full season outta the guy? Nobody's guaranteed to stay healthy - got that - but some folks are more injury prone than others. Is Melvin that guy? Just wondering.

1 minute ago, MantyWrestler said:

Really?  

Yes really. Crabtree has the same issues as Jordy which is why Oakland ditched him. He’s no more faster and a substantially less talented WR. 

Archived