2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

36 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean, you're not going to sign a guy to an offer sheet for more than you're willing to pay him...  It doesn't make sense to try to "screw" the tagging team since what if they don't match?  Just sign him to a deal you'd be happy with and if they match, they match and if they don't then you get a guy for a number you don't regret.

Then just don't sign him at all, especially as a division rival. We did the Bears a favor. I'm not even going over to their forum because they're probably all stoked about it.

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

If that was our ceiling on Fuller, it's no wonder we're not pulling any Free Agents at the position.

Other than House I would be surprised if GB brings in any FA corners.  I mean, the last time GB made a scheme switch on defense we waited until the draft to get the two most important positions we didn't have stocked.  I just hope Gute can manage a Raji/Matthews kinda draft.

Just now, PossibleCabbage said:

Other than House I would be surprised if GB brings in any FA corners.  I mean, the last time GB made a scheme switch on defense we waited until the draft to get the two most important positions we didn't have stocked.  I just hope Gute can manage a Raji/Matthews kinda draft.

I'm not even kidding, I hope Rodgers forces his way out if that's our approach still. I'd like to see the guy win another SB and the "gee I hope this works" approach has failed for 8 years now.

39 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

One should not be so negative.  Please do not in the future point these things out because some people are just sick of it. 

I give you full permission to be negative ... our cornerback situation is a joke.  Gute has flopped pretty hard so far in getting that position secured.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm not even kidding, I hope Rodgers forces his way out if that's our approach still. I'd like to see the guy win another SB and the "gee I hope this works" approach has failed for 8 years now.

I honestly think this team is in a low-key rebuilding year.  First year in a while I figure they have no chance at competing for a championship.  I suspect they know it too.

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

This **** up may put the Packers on tilt and basically ensure they pay Mathieu whatever it takes to come here.

I think it was a shot worth taking ... but dear lord, make it hard for them to resign the guy.  Mathieu might the only move we can make to seriously improve this secondary.

I am confused, some of us are upset that nothing is being done by Gute.  Graham and Wilkerson are good additions.  Sure we need a CB, I give the guy credit for trying to get one of the top CB available instead of simply signing just anyone.  We didn't get our man, but the Bears are forced to pay double for him.  Let's see if he lives up to that $20m next year.  I say sign Williams and House, then use 3 of their draft picks on CB and S.  I would be happy with Carlton Davis in rd #2, Marcus Allen in rd #4 and Levi Wallace or Darius Phillips in the later rds if available.  

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I honestly think this team is in a low-key rebuilding year.  First year in a while I figure they have no chance at competing for a championship.  I suspect they know it too.

Then go full blow rebuild and ship Rodgers off for a boatload of pick. 

6 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Banking on drafting two All-Pro caliber talents in a draft seems overly optimistic. 

1 minute ago, jleisher said:

I am confused, some of us are upset that nothing is being done by Gute.  Graham and Wilkerson are good additions.  Sure we need a CB, I give the guy credit for trying to get one of the top CB available instead of simply signing just anyone.  We didn't get our man, but the Bears are forced to pay double for him.  Let's see if he lives up to that $20m next year.  I say sign Williams and House, then use 3 of their draft picks on CB and S.  I would be happy with Carlton Davis in rd #2, Marcus Allen in rd #4 and Levi Wallace or Darius Phillips in the later rds if available.  

1. Trying to get somebody doesn't mean a damn thing if you don't get him.

2. The Bears were not forced to pay double.

3. His cap hit is not 20 million next year.

4. Going into the year with a CB rotation of Kevin King, Tramon Williams, and Davon House would be a freaking disaster of an offseason. We still need minimally a WR and OLB. 

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

I don't know if I could watch football that year if that happened, I'd throw up everytime I saw him in a different uniform lol

Sign Tyrann Mathieu, draft Denzel Ward, draft Isaac Yiadom
Sign James Harrison on a 1 year stop gap deal (maybe Vinny Curry depending on $$$), draft Lorenzo Carter
Sign Brice Butler/Kendall Wright, draft WR (Anthony Miller, Dante Pettis, Equanimeous St. Brown, etc)

I still refuse to believe that we're in trouble until we get to camp. Lots of offseason left.

Archived