2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

22 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

What does that one person who said it mean by the Eagles not wanting good defensive backs?

The Eagles traded for Darby.  They signed Patrick Robinson.  They spent their second and third round picks on corners. 

20 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The better wording was "building a secondary on a budget." Obviously the Eagles didn't have a meeting and decide bad DBs are the key to success.

"I said it but didn't mean anything by it or agree with it. It seems to be a pervasive stance on draft twitter.

Personally I think the secondary is already solved by Herb Waters. I mean, the guy is 1 of 11 accounts followed by KFC on twitter. what else could you ask for? http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-biz-kfc-twitter-herbs-spices-20171020-story.html

3 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

"I said it but didn't mean anything by it or agree with it. It seems to be a pervasive stance on draft twitter.

Personally I think the secondary is already solved by Herb Waters. I mean, the guy is 1 of 11 accounts followed by KFC on twitter. what else could you ask for?

How soon will we see Herb Waters as the colonel in a commercial?  I'm over Reba already

4 minutes ago, Joe said:

Not exactly happy that we let Burnett walk, but if Derwin James is there at 14, we can move on IMHO.

Anyone got numbers on Burnett's deal?

This is the type of move that next year we might be calling Gutey a idiot, but 2 years from now when Burnett is a cap casualty we'll get it. Personally the guy was hurt too much for me to give him anything more than a one year deal at this moment in time. 

If we grab James at # 14, where does everyone line up then in our secondary? I think he's a heck of a player, but aren't we still one starting corner short then? I personally am not as worried about a pass rusher as some. I was, but think corner is way more of a need. Just my thoughts.

2 minutes ago, cooters22 said:

This is the type of move that next year we might be calling Gutey a idiot, but 2 years from now when Burnett is a cap casualty we'll get it. Personally the guy was hurt too much for me to give him anything more than a one year deal at this moment in time. 

If we grab James at # 14, where does everyone line up then in our secondary? I think he's a heck of a player, but aren't we still one starting corner short then? I personally am not as worried about a pass rusher as some. I was, but think corner is way more of a need. Just my thoughts.

Ya know...we might be witnessing a trend in contracts. The seriously high paid guys are gonna get the longer contracts so they cash expense can be spread out - whereas many of the 2nd tier guys (as well as the organizations themselves) may be paring down contract lengths - intentionally and not just because of market forces.

20 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

Personally I think the secondary is already solved by Herb Waters. I mean, the guy is 1 of 11 accounts followed by KFC on twitter. what else could you ask for? http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-biz-kfc-twitter-herbs-spices-20171020-story.html

This is so good.

16 minutes ago, cooters22 said:

AG20 brought up the idea of a cover-6 scheme in another thread. I think we could look at the players as DB's rather than CB vs. S.  James fits that mold and Josh Jones could be asked to step up as a box safety more often. On paper, James would shore up the Safety position allowing us to draft a CB that better fits our needs later, rather than reaching on someone or drafting someone who doesn't fit our scheme well simply because we're hard up for players at a particular position.

21 minutes ago, cooters22 said:

What does he think? 

Image result for norm

Lol... About Burnett? I thought he was already a sure fire loss since we hadn't heard anything. Didn't move the needle for me. Not that it's a positive or anything 

11 minutes ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

Asking Norm what he knows or how it was going, was one of the great bits from that show.

****. I didn't even let that register. I drop some of these on occasion.

Trying to find film of Josh Jones not being terrible last year and not having a lot of luck. Amount of times he’s been absolutely lost is very concerning. Hard to blame that solely on Capers even if I’m sure he’s the big reason why.

Archived