2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

I doubt we had any interest in Gaines. He's 5'9 1/2". We haven't drafted a CB under 5'11" flat since before TT took over. We haven't played a CB under 5'10 1/2" (Josh Hawkins) during that time. I think Pettine likes big corners, and Gute has said many of the standards on measurables will remain.

5 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Either that or he wanted to play for Gregg Williams again...

He also isn’t tall enough... they have thresholds he doesn’t meet. Until Gute breaks that mold we have to expect they with adhere to them... maybe very strictly.

I've been thinking lately what they think of Rollins at this point. Pretty sure all the fans think hes done. But can he be anything better than a 4th or 5th corner?  Perhaps they have been a little lax so far on the corner market because they think they can get something more out of him? 

Just now, Gopackgonerd said:

I've been thinking lately what they think of Rollins at this point. Pretty sure all the fans think hes done. But can he be anything better than a 4th or 5th corner?  Perhaps they have been a little lax so far on the corner market because they think they can get something more out of him? 

My guess is they like Pipkins/Waters more than most (which is a very ted thing to do). I don't think you can count on Rollins coming off an Achilles injury.

4 minutes ago, TheEagle said:

I doubt we had any interest in Gaines. He's 5'9 1/2". We haven't drafted a CB under 5'11" flat since before TT took over. We haven't played a CB under 5'10 1/2" (Josh Hawkins) during that time. I think Pettine likes big corners, and Gute has said many of the standards on measurables will remain.

I said at the time of the draft that EJ Gains would have been a lot richer if he were a legit 6'0.  He is really good.  Unfortunately for him, he is also the same height as me.

I like Matthews. People act like he's been a bust, but he was productive he first three years with pedestrian QBs:

67 rec, 872 yds, 8 TDs (with Mark Sanchez and the bad version of Nick Foles)

85 rec, 997 yds, 8 TDs (with Sam Bradford and Mark Sanchez)

73 rec, 804 yds, 3 TDs (with the rookie version of Carson Wentz)

Just now, TheEagle said:

I like Matthews. People act like he's been a bust, but he was productive he first three years with pedestrian QBs:

67 rec, 872 yds, 8 TDs (with Mark Sanchez and the bad version of Nick Foles)

85 rec, 997 yds, 8 TDs (Sam Bradford and Mark Sanchez)

73 rec, 804 yds, 3 TDs (with the rookie version of Carson Wentz)

Thanks for the info on Matthews and congrats on the SB win

4 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

My guess is they like Pipkins/Waters more than most (which is a very ted thing to do). I don't think you can count on Rollins coming off an Achilles injury.

Pipkins keeps getting brought up among the GB sports writers. I have a feeling they keep hearing about him because there is legit thought of him making a big step forward this year.

So maybe they really like him. He has shown good man skills. He is always on his guy at least.

18 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

I sure as hell hope they arent thinking that.

26 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

I'm in the minority but I still like Rollins. He's a slot CB only though and you can't count on a guy coming off an achilles for anything.

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Only sign House if you know you are not getting Breeland or DRC. I'd pay Breeland or DRC $7 million before I give $4 million to House. That being said, if all else fails, I'll take House over signing no one else before the the draft. At least he's insurance. 

Don't agree re DRC.  I'd rather sign House than DRC.  

DRC isn't as old as Tramon, but he's still old, and he's a turkey, and I don't think he's all that good. 

I'd prefer House!  

3 minutes ago, craig said:

Don't agree re DRC.  I'd rather sign House than DRC.  

DRC isn't as old as Tramon, but he's still old, and he's a turkey, and I don't think he's all that good. 

I'd prefer House!  

He broke up all of 1 pass last season. One.Pass.

Let that sink in.

As for Rollins, who knows what we have with him now that Capers is gone? For all we know, he was a product of a terrible scheme and coordinator.

Archived