2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

1 minute ago, tfalkgopack said:

I could very easily be wrong but if he’s asking for 3 years & 90 million gully guaranteed, how does that lower this years hit? 

You can convert base salary into bonuses. Aaron has no guaranteed money this year all 20m in base. We can convert 19m of that into bonus money and pro rate it over however many years his deal lasts.

15 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

You can convert base salary into bonuses. Aaron has no guaranteed money this year all 20m in base. We can convert 19m of that into bonus money and pro rate it over however many years his deal lasts.

Makes sense. Thanks 

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

You can say this about every position minus QB, RB and DL. This team has more holes than I can recall since probably 2008.

I'm sure our recollections dont match up exactly....but on the holes part? Yeahhhhhh......we've got some plugging to do.

I could go for Meredith. He's the best receiver they've had since Jeffery left.

Not too thrilled with Matthews signing with New England, though I'm not sure how good of a fit he would've been here and the Pats are hard up for receivers at the moment.

I'm not too worried about not getting a FA WR.

We have an excellent record getting quality WRs through the draft.

Meredith was undrafted and you want us to spend a significant sum of our salary cap on him. Nah... I'll pass especially with him coming off a knee injury. We have lots of other WRs if given the opportunity could make the step up to become our no.2 especially with Rodgers throwing the ball. Davis, Clark, Yancey, Allison. I don't think its worth spending coin on a former UDFA who only had one solid season in his career when we could reinvest that money on a WR in the draft.

7 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

Feel like we'll sign Cameron Meredith tbh.

Gonna have to overpay Meredith to get him. You literally will have to sign him to a deal you know the Bears will not match. Tough call for a guy coming off a serious knee injury and one season of good play under his belt.

11 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

If we sign House, that's Ted-like.  If we sign any ex-Packers, that's Ted-like.  If we sign DRC, that's not Ted-like.  If you feel so certain I am bound to be unfair in my assessment, you can give me a list of players/moves and I will announce right now whether or not it is Ted-like.  Question is... If we sign one or two post June 1st cuts and don't make any player trades, will you ever admit it was business as usual for a Packer offseason? 

But don't you find it rather telling guys like House and DRC are still looking for work?

Archived