2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

18 hours ago, Cadmus said:

They actually have four on the roster (plus the 2 UDFAs). 

Hard to believe they'd carry more than 1 UDFA on the 53 man roster. 

Quick question: Gute and MM have basically said they’re done with addressing edge this year, but do you think they’ll make any additions/deletions at the TE position?  Does anyone feel good about our TE situation?  I’m just not sure tbh.

1 minute ago, Sasquatch said:

Quick question: Gute and MM have basically said they’re done with addressing edge this year, but do you think they’ll make any additions/deletions at the TE position?  Does anyone feel good about our TE situation?  I’m just not sure tbh.

They're not done addressing edge or TE. It's only May. Unless Gute is secretly TT's son, he's not done adding to the roster.

3 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

GB can survive with issues at TE, the offense can function well enough without a top tier TE.  With Rodgers at QB, he just needs enough weapons and a solid OL.

EDGE is another issue.  Defense can be significantly derailed with a lack of pass rush.

5 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

They're not done addressing edge or TE. It's only May. Unless Gute is secretly TT's son, he's not done adding to the roster.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ByRyanWood/status/990367205996007424?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.footballsfuture.com%2Findex.php%3Fapp%3Dcore%26module%3Dsystem%26controller%3Dembed%26url%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FByRyanWood%2Fstatus%2F990367205996007424

According to Ryan Wood, Gute and MM have all but said they’re not planning any changes to address edge this season.  We’ll see I guess.

for the comp pick formula is it based on quantity of players when it comes to cancelation as opposed to total financial numbers? like right now we've added jimmy and tramon that qualify.. and lost janis & morgan that qualify... so if jahri/brooks/dial sign a little deal over a mil that qualified would we get a pick regardless since we would've lost 3 and only gained 2? or do they take like total value into consideration? just outta curiosity. if my question makes sense. 

18 minutes ago, squire12 said:

GB can survive with issues at TE, the offense can function well enough without a top tier TE.  With Rodgers at QB, he just needs enough weapons and a solid OL.

EDGE is another issue.  Defense can be significantly derailed with a lack of pass rush.

Bring back Spencer Havner, can do both :)

7 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Doesn’t sound like they’re looking outside for help at edge.

Meh. Don't think I've ever heard MM or any GB management say they were actively looking to bring in someone from the outside. It's one of those things you say "we believe in our guys" type of bs. I'd be really surprised and disappointed if we didnt do the bare minimum of resigning Brooks prior to camp.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

What am I missing at TE? The depth is meh but Graham/Kendricks is totally fine 1-2.

I'm fine with the depth, Kendricks is a fine backup and we can get away with a UDFA at 3. Wouldn't mind a Vet, but it's not needed.

12 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

for the comp pick formula is it based on quantity of players when it comes to cancelation as opposed to total financial numbers? like right now we've added jimmy and tramon that qualify.. and lost janis & morgan that qualify... so if jahri/brooks/dial sign a little deal over a mil that qualified would we get a pick regardless since we would've lost 3 and only gained 2? or do they take like total value into consideration? just outta curiosity. if my question makes sense. 

https://overthecap.com/compensatory-draft-picks-cancellation-chart/

That should provide a pretty good bit of info on the cancellation process.  Right now, they have GB as not getting any comp picks for 2019 and that will likely stay that way.  

16 minutes ago, squire12 said:

That should provide a pretty good bit of info on the cancellation process.  Right now, they have GB as not getting any comp picks for 2019 and that will likely stay that way.  

Particularly since the deadline for "free agents signed no longer count for the compensatory pick formula" is pretty close (I believe it's May 9th).

Archived