2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

On 8/24/2018 at 1:14 AM, Norm said:

This reminds me of Vikings radio show talking about iloka. They obviously don't know the first thing about him and probably didn't know his name until the trade this week. And the one guy goes (with excitement in his voice) "obviously he's a play maker, he's had at least one interception every year of his career!!!

Then the one guy was like "he's 6'4" so you know he's probably a guy who can hit." Like Jesus Christ, they couldn't get ANY info on him from someone. Like they got on air and just hit up Wikipedia. IDK how that show is still on. One episode years ago BOTH guys said GARRETT HART like 5 times combined. Taking about Tony gerhart. Garrett ******* Hart. They don't even know their players names. How do the most casual two jerk offs get their own radio show. I'm convinced they pay the radio station to be on air. A 13 year olds podcast is more informative than these two worthless idiots. They probably don't even watch the Minnesota games...

I know what show you're talking about. I helped a friend move from La Crosse to Austin one summer in an old pick up and that show was the only thing that could come in on the radio. Talk about 90 minutes of hell...

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

Breno gonna come back home for OT help? :ph34r:

Shameful Arthur... get back to work on the Penske file

From rotoworld:

"Giacomini was the worst starting offensive tackle in football last season, getting absolutely annihilated in pass protection"

2 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Shameful Arthur... get back to work on the Penske file

From rotoworld:

"Giacomini was the worst starting offensive tackle in football last season, getting absolutely annihilated in pass protection"

Haha. I was kidding. Mostly. I do love  his name though.

“He has familiarity with Cable,” said Gruden. “He has the intangibles that we’re looking for. He’s tough as hell, this guy, he’s tough, man. McKenzie drafted him in Green Bay when he was there, so he has history with Reggie also. I think his toughness is gonna permeate the team. Hopefully it permeates in that room. Hopefully it’s something that’s contagious around the Raiders.”

he's tough, he's tough man, he's a grinder out there

1 hour ago, Norm said:

“He has familiarity with Cable,” said Gruden. “He has the intangibles that we’re looking for. He’s tough as hell, this guy, he’s tough, man. McKenzie drafted him in Green Bay when he was there, so he has history with Reggie also. I think his toughness is gonna permeate the team. Hopefully it permeates in that room. Hopefully it’s something that’s contagious around the Raiders.”

he's tough, he's tough man, he's a grinder out there

Apparently not a Gruden grinder tho

11 minutes ago, Norm said:

I'll give Breno credit, I would have bet every penny I would have earned the rest of my life that he wouldn't make it in the NFL this long lol

Yeah, he was a nightmare in Green Bay. And they had another tackle at the same time who was just as bad and also was able to survive in the league for awhile.  (Edit: It was Allen Barbre.)

12 hours ago, Greg C. said:

Yeah, he was a nightmare in Green Bay. And they had another tackle at the same time who was just as bad and also was able to survive in the league for awhile.  (Edit: It was Allen Barbre.)

I actually thought you were going to say Marshall Newhouse as I was reading your post.

Don't think most Packers fans know what an average NFL tackle looks like. There's a reason those guys have stuck around for a while -- there's a shortage of starting caliber OTs in the league. 

We might add someone, but I doubt a quality back up will become available. Get used to the idea of Spriggs being the swing tackle. You could do worse. 

1 hour ago, BlondeonBlonde said:

Don't think most Packers fans know what an average NFL tackle looks like. There's a reason those guys have stuck around for a while -- there's a shortage of starting caliber OTs in the league. 

We might add someone, but I doubt a quality back up will become available. Get used to the idea of Spriggs being the swing tackle. You could do worse. 

True story, and if your starting tackles go down and your backups are average or below, its up to the coaches to design an offense around this fact - well, if they want to keep their starting QB from getting injured or killed anyways.

23 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Breno gonna come back home for OT help? :ph34r:

I think our "OL issues" are really overblown.  Most teams would love to have an athletic former 2nd round pick with an up and down career as their swing tackle.

Teams don't have good players at backup OL spots.  NE lost their 1st round pick to ACL, that's rough.  Oakland is moving donald penn to RT and swapping in their first rounder at LT... imagine what those backup players look like.

Well ILB Mychal Kendricks is available again, and the Packers could use a veteran ILB.

Of course, he's got a certain inside trading case coming... but he might not be suspended for that until next year.

Just thinking out loud.

18 minutes ago, Beast said:

Well ILB Mychal Kendricks is available again, and the Packers could use a veteran ILB.

Of course, he's got a certain inside trading case coming... but he might not be suspended for that until next year.

Just thinking out loud.

Do it. We're in win now. Not like he was dog fighting 

Archived