2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

9 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Fackrell's strength isn't really coverage. He's a jack of all trades guy who can do a lot of things alright. He's alright in run defense, he's alright rushing the passer, he's alright in coverage. He's not really good at anything but he's also cheap and doesn't kill you.

This makes sense and kinda characterize him properly. IMO his greatest value to the GBPs is as a ST animal - which has value. What we need is for those LBs ahead of him to stay healthy (knocking on the nearest wood while acknowledging how unlikely that may seem.....) cause its kinda late in the game to think a dynamic replacement can walk in off the street (that talent pool's been fairly well picked over....) or that he's capable of becoming more than we've seen too date. He's just not a playmaker on D.

33 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

F$-# you and your civility

Good example here of how obscenities obscure rational argument. From his comments, I understand where incognito stands on civility, but not why, or how uncivil responses are better than rational, civil ones. I, for one, would rather read about reasons than obscenities. Reasons are far more informative, and convincing than swear words. But to each their own.

52 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Good example here of how obscenities obscure rational argument. From his comments, I understand where incognito stands on civility, but not why, or how uncivil responses are better than rational, civil ones. I, for one, would rather read about reasons than obscenities. Reasons are far more informative, and convincing than swear words. But to each their own.

Lol dude.

No sense of humor here or what?

21 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

To be honest, your comment could be taken seriously, or tongue in cheek. I saw the TIC version, but Mr.F probably didn't.

Actually, I think Mr. F saw Incognito's comment as 'tongue-in-cheek' and capitalized with a dry, sly, comeback of his own.  Funny how we all see/read/comprehend different things in an internet chat room!

11 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Elliot has had opportunity. Even here already.

And this argument isn't very persuasive. The odds are not in your favor regarding players not on a roster playing well eventually.

It's not impressive to throw random names out there and provide zero reason why they are better.

And then come back with "you need to prove why someone in the roster IS better" ?

I mean, really?

People wanted to cut Adams a few years ago. All I’m saying is that fans are reactionary, and even NFL GMs miss talent or coaches misuse that same talent. 

Im commenting on the fact that Elliot not being on a roster doesn’t mean he’s not good enough to necessarily make a roster or that he doesn’t have the ceiling to play in this league. (It probably does, but it doesn’t *definitely* mean that)

The NFL is as much about scheme fit as it is about opportunity. Howrever coaches and GMs are partial to “their guys”. 

Elliot isn’t one of their guys. He was cut by 2 teams, and the other 30 likely have guts who are similar with knowledge of their system already and younger legs. 

LOL

It doesn't even matter what evidence we have any more.  The old 51 just poured it on better than I ever could.  And it won't matter.  Some people will simply refuse to eat crow when its served up on a platter.  And it just was.  

Archived