BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 7:37 PM, Ragnarok said:

And mike, a lot of us have known each other for years and some have even met.  And we have all had major arguments over the years over players, rules, contracts, etc.  But it is never legitimately personal.  Even if pheltz votes against me because his Alzheimer's flares and he forgets how awesome my team is.

I know you are newer, but trust me in that no one wants you to leave.  We have just adopted you into our weird BDL family very quickly and might sometimes forget that you don't know us quite as well as we know each other.  

Man it got pissy in here....I'm relatively new to the group (only "older" than Ruskie and you) and I always revert back to the above. At the end of the day this is a group of dudes that likes football so much that they created their own league with bylaws, Winter meetings, rosters and salary caps rather than risk missing an ounce of football because of a lockout. The bitching isn't personal, its just old guys that like to *****.

Also, Its gonna take awhile for you to live that Mahomes deal down. Think about the deal IRL. Even if you had 37(?) year old Rivers starting you wouldn't trade the young Mahomes for two decent edge rushers. You probably should have targeted a JJ Watt or a Khalil Mack or bolstered your edge another way. I know you have an embarrassment of riches at QB (even after trading Wilson and Mahomes) but the value was just not there.

• Like 1