Offseason Rumor Thread

49erurtaza

1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Really? I figured that was nothing in this NFL. Average WRs make more than that

Granted, the hierarchy was affected because Peterson's and Murray's (and Gore's; but I can't remember if his was all that high) salaries went off the books this offseason (and also technically because Bell hasn't signed his tender or agreed to a new contract and is thus, "without a contract").  But RB's don't tend to get the guaranteed money that WR's do for the specific reason that teams want to liberty of being able to slip the contracts whenever they like.  Plus... we haven't really seen Top 3 RB contract handed out since what?  Murray to Philadelphia that was then sloughed off to Tennessee?

3 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Are you guys planning on letting Bradham walk or cutting Kendricks in that instance?

Bradham is a question mark. Right now we probably can't afford to pay what he would potentially be offered, but the fact he hasn't signed with another team yet might mean we're working on it. If we do re-sign him, Kendricks is probably a goner, or at least that would be my guess.

55 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Granted, the hierarchy was affected because Peterson's and Murray's (and Gore's; but I can't remember if his was all that high) salaries went off the books this offseason (and also technically because Bell hasn't signed his tender or agreed to a new contract and is thus, "without a contract").  But RB's don't tend to get the guaranteed money that WR's do for the specific reason that teams want to liberty of being able to slip the contracts whenever they like.  Plus... we haven't really seen Top 3 RB contract handed out since what?  Murray to Philadelphia that was then sloughed off to Tennessee?

RB's got completely screwed by the rookie salary cap. All NFL players make the most of their income in the second and even their 3rd attempt at FA. RB is the one position, where FA are not paid a whole lot, in the belief that their best days are behind them. 

If I am a young kid deciding on what position to play, I avoid RB like the plague!!!!

Random note about Richard Sherman: For the flack he's received about his deal I think it's a bit overstated. First off assuming he is healthy, he's got a great chance to see most of his year one salary. If he's not healthy after year one he would be out of a job regardless. In this current deal if he performs at an all pro level, why can't he ask for a restructured deal? It is something that was discussed often in Seattle and he can seemingly get his money converted into a signing bonus. It's obvious the expectations he set for himself is to be essentially the same high level talent he's been in his career. While I agree he's asking himself for a lot, he's got a much better chance of receiving the entirety of his contract (provided he is healthy) than most of the guys whom are getting paid this free agency cycle.

5 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Random note about Richard Sherman: For the flack he's received about his deal I think it's a bit overstated. First off assuming he is healthy, he's got a great chance to see most of his year one salary. If he's not healthy after year one he would be out of a job regardless. In this current deal if he performs at an all pro level, why can't he ask for a restructured deal? It is something that was discussed often in Seattle and he can seemingly get his money converted into a signing bonus. It's obvious the expectations he set for himself is to be essentially the same high level talent he's been in his career. While I agree he's asking himself for a lot, he's got a much better chance of receiving the entirety of his contract (provided he is healthy) than most of the guys whom are getting paid this free agency cycle.

If he's an all pro, I believe chunks of his salary becomes guaranteed. He wouldn't need to restructure

35 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Any news on Zach Brown or Nigel Bradham? I imagine they’ll be getting a lot of $$$ given the Hitchens deal.

While Hitchens and Dion Lewis got paid - those positrons (off ball LB & RB) are so devalued that it’s not surprising little action was seen early.  Big $ deals go early so those positions usually wait.    

I bet we’ll see action soon now that the big marquee contacts are done.   Next wave coming up.  

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Bradham is a question mark. Right now we probably can't afford to pay what he would potentially be offered, but the fact he hasn't signed with another team yet might mean we're working on it. If we do re-sign him, Kendricks is probably a goner, or at least that would be my guess.

I saw the eagles signed Corey nelson. Under the radar great signing. He didn't play much last year, but he was very good as a coverage linebacker the year before. Wondering if they are prepping for life without bradham

Archived