Offseason Rumor Thread

49erurtaza

Figured this was as good a thread to post this in as any.

Nick has a really solid track record of interpreting the comp pick formula and predicting comp picks.  Obviously things will change as other things such as future FA signing are plugged into the formula for each respective team, but this is a pretty good indication of what we're looking at so far.

Edit: I'm not sure if he didn't misread Teddy Bridgewater's contract (which what I saw was a 1 year, $15m) or if one-year deals factor differently into the formula.

8 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Edit: I'm not sure if he didn't misread Teddy Bridgewater's contract (which what I saw was a 1 year, $15m) or if one-year deals factor differently into the formula.

A little further down on his timeline he wrote this:

For now, I've set Teddy Bridgewater's APY to $5M in OTC's compensatory pick program, since it's also the placeholder that's currently on his player page. It'll help illustrate the number of comp picks the Vikings have on the board. But know that this could change w/more details.

10 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:
10 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Right back at you. You take Philly out, we'll take NO out, and then we can meet in LA to decide who goes to the SB. ;)

That all sounds good except the part about meeting in LA.  :D

It sure is nice to have the divisional cushion the rest of you don’t ha. Should help for homefield.

The NFC is so stacked.

Crazy to think that not all of the Eagles, Saints, Falcons, Panthers, Vikings, Packers, Rams can fit into the playoffs 

let alone teams like the Lions, Niners, Seahawks, and whatever NFC East team gets it together this year.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

It's messed up that Eric Reid is getting next to no interest.

Is it a surprise though? He pretty much came to grips with this during the season and knew like Kap, there was a good possibility he would be blackballed. 

Really really good dude though. Nice player, but a better leader and person. 

I wonder what it does for his brother's draft stock. Does it affect it or has no impact at all? 

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

It's messed up that Eric Reid is getting next to no interest.

It's not just him.  Has anything heard where Vaccaro is going to sign?  Morgan Burnett?  Tyrann Matthieu?   Did the league forget safeties are a thing? 

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Is it a surprise though? He pretty much came to grips with this during the season and knew like Kap, there was a good possibility he would be blackballed. 

Really really good dude though. Nice player, but a better leader and person. 

I wonder what it does for his brother's draft stock. Does it affect it or has no impact at all? 

It is to me. Kaepernick was a fringe starter. Reid is a quality starter. These NFL guys are idiots if none of them want him. If I were a player, it would only motivate me to protest to give the owners the finger.

Archived