Offseason Rumor Thread

49erurtaza

26 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Hence why I said they would settle for a 1st and 3rd if it is a top 10 pick or around there. A top 10 pick is equivalent of receiving two mid-late 1st rounders. 

The point of putting a heavy price tag initially was for negotiations. They could make it look like they are coming off their price of two first rounders and "settling" for a high 1st and a mid round pick. If they would have said we want a 1st and a 3rd, then teams would have started with less than that. So I don't put too much into them saying they two 1st rounders or bust. If they want to move him, he will be moved....and moved for less than two firsts. 

Like I said Brandin Cooks went for a 1st or 3rd. You don’t think the Giants are like, if Cooks can generate that then what can Odell get? Also remember it was reported AT least two 1sts, not just two firsts. If they want to move him as you said, and all it took was a first and a third, given what Cooks got not only last year but this year I’m pretty confident that if that’s all it took then he would’ve been gone. I assume that teams have tried to negotiate this that reported price down and have been unsuccessful

6 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Like I said Brandin Cooks went for a 1st or 3rd. You don’t think the Giants are like, if Cooks can generate that then what can Odell get? Also remember it was reported AT least two 1sts, not just two firsts. If they want to move him as you said, and all it took was a first and a third, given what Cooks got not only last year but this year I’m pretty confident that if that’s all it took then he would’ve been gone. I assume that teams have tried to negotiate this that reported price down and have been unsuccessful

He went for a first (#32), and a 15 pick swap in the 3rd/4th round. While saying he went for a first and third is technically correct, it is also misleading as the Saints gave back their own fourth. Value wise, it was not a first and third. 

41 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Again, not every 1st rounder is worth the same. Example, Browns could offer the 4th pick and a 3rd which will be worth more than the Pats two first rounders. 

25 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Again, not every 1st rounder is worth the same. Example, Browns could offer the 4th pick and a 3rd which will be worth more than the Pats two first rounders. 

You’re right it’s not the same, and that compensation is still enough.

33 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

You’re right it’s not the same, and that compensation is still enough.

Maybe or maybe not. I can't say what is enough compensation to the front office, just that a deal could be done without a team giving up two first rounders. 

22 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

This is the only thing I can think of

Except that doesnt make any sense.  If the Giants want Darnold and the Giants are convinced that you want Allen, then the Giants feel comfortable sitting at 2 and not moving, knowing they can get Darnold.  Ive been saying for a while now I just get the feeling Allen is going #1.  Besides having a unique skillset, i cant think of a qb prospect in a while that has had this great of a draft season. He has checked EVERY box since the end of the season.  

1 minute ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I just get the feeling Allen is going #1.  Besides having a unique skillset, i cant think of a qb prospect in a while that has had this great of a draft season. He has checked EVERY box since the end of the season.  

Checks every box since the season ended? LOL. I would hope that any player ever could look good in shorts and a cutoff, throwing off of a scripted workout routine, etc. His on field stuff is where he struggles:

*Accuracy: Horrific

*Processing (he's SLOW)

*Production: Mediocre at best against low tier competition

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

He has checked EVERY box since the end of the season.  

What does this mean, and how are those offseason boxes more valuable than the game tape. Seriously, like he interviewed well? Threw well at his pro day? That kind of stuff?

Early in the process the reports were the Browns is going to take Allen 1st overall. I buy that because as we get closer to the draft I don’t buy Darnold or Barkley 1st overall. I do think the Giants love Darnold and should take him at pick 2. He would be a smooth transition from Eli and Darnold is the perfect QB for the Giants organization. Then the Jets could shock everyone and take Mayfield at pick 3 even though it’s safer to say they go Rosen. 

6 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I buy that because as we get closer to the draft I don’t buy Darnold or Barkley 1st overall.

If I may ask, why not?  I mean I don't think Darnold is the best QB in this class, but certainly neither is Allen. 

20 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Where's your IMO's bruh?

I agree that the Giants will probably get two 1sts for Odell from someone, but it's not a foregone conclusion to me. If the Browns trade with the Bills, I wouldn't be shocked at all if they took #12 and a 2nd (#33) for ODB.

Also, trade value doesn't always make sense. Randy Moss was traded away for a 4th round pick. Sam Bradford was traded for multiple high draft picks, including a 1st rounder.

2 hours ago, Crickett said:

If I may ask, why not?  I mean I don't think Darnold is the best QB in this class, but certainly neither is Allen. 

Because as we get closer to the draft anytime you hear “reports are the Browns will take Darnold or Barkley 1st overall”, don’t believe it. It doesn’t benefit nobody to say that unless they want to trade down and it’s highly unlikely the Browns trade out of the 1st overall spot. I personally love Darnold and think he SHOULD go 1st overall but I just believe the Browns go Allen with their 1st overall pick. 

Archived