Draft Discussion 3.0

NudeTayne

4 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

So is anyone else sick of arguing the #1 pick? I want to hear what people think about players that aren't named Barkley/Mayfield/Chubb/Fitzpatrick/Darnold/Rosen/Allen/Nelson.

To me, here is who I'd consider at #4:

Trade Down: My favorite scenario. I'd love to load up and draft a bunch of quality players that would help us in the secondary, for example...as well as 2019 and beyond (Derwin James, Joshua Jackson or another CB (possibly), etc.) 

Barkley: If he's BPA and the best player in the draft, you can't go wrong, even if it's a RB

Denzel Ward: MAYBE too high, but if he's the #1 CB and as lockdown in man/press man as I think he will be, we'll all be happy.

Here's who I wouldn't love, but I'm sure who I'd talk myself into:

Chubb: I don't think he's better than Ogbah. I think he's solid, but he's not elite IMO

Fitzpatrick: He's a great overhang/slot CB, but in theory we should have Peppers playing a comparable position

Nelson: IF he is a bookend LT or Bitonio could be that guy, I'd talk myself into it

43 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

So is anyone else sick of arguing the #1 pick? I want to hear what people think about players that aren't named Barkley/Mayfield/Chubb/Fitzpatrick/Darnold/Rosen/Allen/Nelson.

The problem is you are arguing the same names at pick #4 as #1 less the QBs because we are going to take a QB at #1.

Also there is not much to talk about outside of the Top 10 guys this year IMO. Very weak draft in the middle.

I know there is a decent shot at finding a back in the 2nd/3rd, especially in this nice class. There’s a few guys I like.

But there’s something to be said for just picking the best dude when he’s available.

Saquon at 4 or 5 is a home run. He’s a great back that will add an electrifying playmaking element to our offense, a fantastic backfield mate for our young QB and overall just huge name value to help change the perception of this team.

He’s not Reggie Bush. He’s just as fast and shifty, but he’s taller and 33 pounds heavier.

I’m all for the trade down if it happens, I get it for sure. But I’m certain that come pick 4, I’m going to be calling for us to take Saquon and call it a day.

I would choose Derwin or Barkley because they could be the best in the nfl. Ward is very close due to his positional value, our need, and match with ab and ross. Insane feet, explosiveness, and speed. 

Xtremely lucky to have 4. Take advantage of it. Acquiring a bunch of picks isnt going to do much good with the core formed and last years draft class looking very good.

Here is a mock draft update: http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/03/nfl_mock_draft_2018_roundup_br_1.html#incart_river_index

Here is the outcome I want most:

"Trapasso sees the Browns trading the No. 4 pick to the Cardinals, and then taking OSU cornerback Denzel Ward at No. 15. He wrote, "To land Ward after a trade down is spectacular for the Browns, a team in need of a quality outside cornerback to round out its defense. Cleveland received this pick, No. 47 overall, No. 79 overall and next year's first-round pick from Arizona in the trade."

18 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Mike Hughes is the truth. Kids going to be the best CB in this entire class. Love Jaire Alexander and Isaiah Oliver as well. WR DJ Moore reminds me so much of Steve Smith he’s my favorite WR. Brian Oniel T from Pitt has a chance to be a true LT but needs some serious work and time. Former TE. Great movement and bend. Hand and technique needs improvement. Jerome Baker WLB and Billy Price C are my homer picks. Love both. TE Troy Fumagalli is going to be a stud. Pure pass catcher wish we could get him in the 4th 

17 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

Mike Hughes is the truth. Kids going to be the best CB in this entire class. Love Jaire Alexander and Isaiah Oliver as well. WR DJ Moore reminds me so much of Steve Smith he’s my favorite WR. Brian Oniel T from Pitt has a chance to be a true LT but needs some serious work and time. Former TE. Great movement and bend. Hand and technique needs improvement. Jerome Baker WLB and Billy Price C are my homer picks. Love both. TE Troy Fumagalli is going to be a stud. Pure pass catcher wish we could get him in the 4th 

We probably have or will have enough draft capital to get most or of them and a 2019 #1, which would be nice.

On Thursday, March 22, 2018 at 3:52 PM, bruceb said:

Here is a mock draft update: http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/03/nfl_mock_draft_2018_roundup_br_1.html#incart_river_index

"Trapasso sees the Browns trading the No. 4 pick to the Cardinals, and then taking OSU cornerback Denzel Ward at No. 15. He wrote, "To land Ward after a trade down is spectacular for the Browns, a team in need of a quality outside cornerback to round out its defense. Cleveland received this pick, No. 47 overall, No. 79 overall and next year's first-round pick from Arizona in the trade."

I'd take that and trade up as far as I can with 47

On 3/21/2018 at 10:52 PM, bruceb said:

If you can guarantee they are able to get Ward I would be fine with a trade out of the top10. To me there is no way Ward lasts that late. He is easily top10 for me

4 hours ago, buno67 said:

If you can guarantee they are able to get Ward I would be fine with a trade out of the top10. To me there is no way Ward lasts that late. He is easily top10 for me

I think that would be a great move too.  I remember last year going into the draft hoping for one of Jonathan Allen, Malik Hooker or OJ Howard being available at 12, thinking it was unlikely.  All 3 of them fell to 12.  I am never shocked with what happens in drafts.  I could see Ward falling.  

Last year I thought Lattimore was the best CB, he fell to 11.  2 years ago I thought it was Hargraves, he fell to 11.  2015, Tre Wayens? 11.  Theres always a chance

Archived