Draft Discussion 3.0

NudeTayne

6 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Mary Kay:

“In fact, no matter how much I try to talk myself out of Allen because of the 56.2 completion percentage at Wyoming, I can't help but like him and would probably take him No. 1 if the draft were tomorrow. But I just don't know if the Browns will pull the trigger on him at No. 1 with the accuracy concerns. It seems to me they'll opt for Darnold, who has natural accuracy and anticipation.”

So even though she thinks Sam has natural accuracy and anticipation, she would take the guy with the 56% completion that she acknowledges has accuracy concerns.

LOL. I bet it’s because Josh Allen is probably the best looking of the group.

Image result for she's the man gif

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s not a smokescreen, it’s media dudes creating interest fro you goobers for views and clicks.

These “insiders” will have a new thought when the frequency of clicks slows down on the Allen nonsense.

Y’all are caught up in a soap opera and are concerned it’s legit.  

ive been burned by pick #22 too many times to not worry

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

You guys make it seem like my worries are completely unfounded based off of past precedent. 

"There's NO WAY that they're drafting JFF, we spent $100,000+ on an analytical study that says Bridgewater or Carr."

"There's NO WAY that they're drafting a backup Center of the future (Erving) when we have a Pro Bowler in Mack under contract. We have WAAAAY more pressing needs."

"We ARE NOT drafting a 29 year old rookie who is older than Aaron Rodgers in the First Round."

"Guys, no one takes a RB top 5 in the draft anymore. This is freaking 2012 for crying out loud."

Do I need to go on?

33 minutes ago, mistakey said:

ive been burned by pick #22 too many times to not worry

Different front offices though, Dorsey and this group isn’t letting anything out.

Seriously, was there one early report about any moves this off-season until they were made?

When Dorsey was in KC, he, Hunt and Reid were the only ones who knew Peters was their target. On draft day.  He’s a tight lipped fella.

Todd McShay released his new mock today:

1 - Darnold

4 - Barkley (Chubb taken at 2 by NYG)

33 - Donte Jackson (CB from LSU)

35 - Justin Reid (S from Stanford)

64 - Brian O'Neill (OT from Pitt)

These picks would make me a very happy little boy.

EDIT - Thought: Is this the year that McShay overtakes Kiper as ESPN's draft guru? 

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Different front offices though, Dorsey and this group isn’t letting anything out.

Oh, if all of the "right" things were getting leaked, I'd still be freaking out. I wouldn't/won't rest easy until they announce the name or sign him ahead of time. The "s" in different front office is exactly why I'm freaking out. Multiple FOs, coaching staffs, and the same owner (although the Lerners weren't my favorite at all either).

Seriously, was there one early report about any moves this off-season until they were made?

Trading Shelton was leaked as a probability, and the same with Kizer. 

When Dorsey was in KC, he, Hunt and Reid were the only ones who knew Peters was their target. On draft day.  He’s a tight lipped fella.

I REALLY hope that they get it right. I won't be able to rest until that happens though.

16 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Incognito retiring. Wood retiring. Glenn traded.

We need to flip #4 for 12, 22 and a 2019 1st.

It will get us Ed Oliver.

That would be nice, but do you think Buffalo is still in a position to want to trade up with so many needs materializing on the offensive line?

9 minutes ago, shoffma1999 said:

That would be nice, but do you think Buffalo is still in a position to want to trade up with so many needs materializing on the offensive line?

I’m just thinking they surely moved to 12 with the intention of getting into the QB race. I’m hoping they’re in love with one of the prospects and will be determined to be the fourth team to pick to ensure they get one of them.

1 hour ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Todd McShay released his new mock today:

1 - Darnold

4 - Barkley (Chubb taken at 2 by NYG)

33 - Donte Jackson (CB from LSU)

35 - Justin Reid (S from Stanford)

64 - Brian O'Neill (OT from Pitt)

These picks would make me a very happy little boy.

EDIT - Thought: Is this the year that McShay overtakes Kiper as ESPN's draft guru? 

I honestly hate this mock. This would be just about my worst nightmare. No trade down at 4 or at least Chubb...Jackson faster than he is talented IMO... Reid a great prospect but why with Randall/Peppers as starters, Kindred/Nacua/?? as backups? O'Neill is a trendy pick here, but let's be honest that he's mostly h/w/s at this point. I give it a D for a haul in a draft class that I actually love.

38 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

I honestly hate this mock. This would be just about my worst nightmare. No trade down at 4 or at least Chubb...Jackson faster than he is talented IMO... Reid a great prospect but why with Randall/Peppers as starters, Kindred/Nacua/?? as backups? O'Neill is a trendy pick here, but let's be honest that he's mostly h/w/s at this point. I give it a D for a haul in a draft class that I actually love.

Yeah that draft would suck

Give me 

Darnold

Ward

RB

WR

DE

45 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Remember 

Mitch Trubisky was the pick over Myles Garrett

we’ve already drafted Darnold 

That moment when denial turns to pure sad-anger when at the reality of a non-Darnold name going number 1 overall...

I've been trying to prepare you for this my FF bretheren...as to lessen the blow of defeat...

"We drafted Baker because he's a leader of men and little Favre"--- Dorsey

"It's the decision the organization felt best"-- Hue Jackson

Archived