The Official Recruiting Thread

1King

9 hours ago, buno67 said:

he aint going for a few years unless a booster really steps their game up

It's already in the works. Taggart will be gone after the UF game most likely. The talk is that FSU will have the necessary resources into this to get the best available option.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

It's already in the works. Taggart will be gone after the UF game most likely. The talk is that FSU will have the necessary resources into this to get the best available option.

Anyone on the realistic short list tied to FSU for next year? 

9 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Anyone on the realistic short list tied to FSU for next year? 

Think it's too early to get a good feel for that. There are already rumors floating around about the usual suspects but not sure what to believe. That said when you pay a 17 million buyout I don't think you want to settle for a C tier option.

15 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Think it's too early to get a good feel for that. There are already rumors floating around about the usual suspects but not sure what to believe. That said when you pay a 17 million buyout I don't think you want to settle for a C tier option.

Yeah, usually the big buyouts are approved when a big fish is nibbling at the hook. Was just curious. 

I’ve said for a while that if Meyer did want to get back into it, FSU makes as much sense as anywhere. He’s recruited and had success down south. And there’s only Clemson right now in the ACC. Within 2-3 years, that would be a 1a/1b situation in the conference. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

I’ve said for a while that if Meyer did want to get back into it, FSU makes as much sense as anywhere. He’s recruited and had success down south. And there’s only Clemson right now in the ACC. Within 2-3 years, that would be a 1a/1b situation in the conference. 

Wasn't it USC that everyone was saying he's destined to go to?

3 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Yep. He can bring us back to the program status FSU fans are used to..... and then hopefully leave us in a good place like OSU.

7 hours ago, SBLIII said:

They either found a major loop hole in his contract or they are going to pony up on that money

6 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Still think USC makes more sense tho. He was an amazing recruiter and now has SoCal as an additional tool that he never had