The Official Recruiting Thread

1King

9 hours ago, GreenShore said:

Campbell is most likely to go to Georgia or Miami at this point. Alabama still has a very good shot at him.

Clemson and OSU have lost a lot of ground.

A Georgia insider did hint that Campbell has been in contact with the Georgia staff and will be doing a official this month. 

In my opinion Campbell is a Georgia / Miami battle. 

I think Miami holds the edge right now because its home, he'll start year 1, and CB Coach Mike Rumph has known him his entire life and has been a father figure for as long as he can remember.

However, he has family in Georgia and I think Kirby and company are selling him on playing in that defense. I must admit it looks like the real deal. 

Wherever he goes, Bama, UGA, or Miami, he's the best CB prospect in the country in my opinion and will play on Sunday's.

20 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Cook said after the visit that it's OSU/Hook em at the top and then LSU. Wiltfong and the prognosticators have had OSU as the heavy favorite for a while. I can see UT making that push and getting him though. They are the home state, so they have that advantage. LSU isn't getting Cook, though.

Not anymore they're not, but if Wiltfong or whoever else these "prognosticators" consist of, were poo pooing the possibility of Cook to LSU, they're grossly misinformed. Of course Troy has pretty much made that a moot point, but LSU was his leader heading into last weekend. 

1 minute ago, Texasmade said:

Not anymore they're not, but if Wiltfong or whoever else these "prognosticators" consist of, were poo pooing the possibility of Cook to LSU, they're grossly misinformed. Of course Troy has pretty much made that a moot point, but LSU was his leader heading into last weekend. 

I'm interested in hearing where that's coming from. Everything I've read for months, including from Texas insider EJ Holland, has had OSU out in front with Cook, followed by LSU/UT. The only change now has OSU/UT at the top, from Cook, with LSU to follow.

49 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I'm interested in hearing where that's coming from. Everything I've read for months, including from Texas insider EJ Holland, has had OSU out in front with Cook, followed by LSU/UT. The only change now has OSU/UT at the top, from Cook, with LSU to follow.

The Lamar coaching staff. The Lamar DB coach to be more specific.

But yea, at this point it'll be Ohio State or Texas. God bless the Fightin' Demarcus Ware's.

16 minutes ago, Danger said:

Not surprised at all. I'm shocked he even considered Penn State at one point. 

Any real updates with Micah Parsons lately?

Parsons has reached out to OSU/Urbz, Urbz has basically dropped him on the board. Oweh/Smith and clearly above him. 

He's taking his OV to Nebraska this weekend. He'll definitely visit Penn State again, probably wants to go to OSU/Penn State at the end of the month, will take OVs to UGA and Bama too likely. 

If Mike Riley wasn't on his way out, I think Nebraska would be the favorite. If OSU pulls ahead on Oweh or Smith, I think Penn State will take him. Otherwise, who knows. Parsons has implied that Nick Saban told him he can play RB...

22 minutes ago, Danger said:

Not surprised at all. I'm shocked he even considered Penn State at one point. 

Any real updates with Micah Parsons lately?

He would have committed last year if Kirby would have been on him instead of going after Lawrence. Im just glad its over.

I personally dont know much about Parsons. I think he might be visiting Athens sometime soon, but thats all. 

Don't really get the Fields decision. Georgia has two young QBs who are playing well right now. Good chance he won't see the field. But it his choice.

And Parsons is visiting this weekend. He wanted his family to see Nebraska. He had a tweet yesterday where he reprimanded a Penn St. fan who commented about how he'd never consider Nebraska because of the NIU loss. 

Big recruiting weekend for the Huskers.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Supersuavesky said:

Don't really get the Fields decision. Georgia has two young QBs who are playing well right now. Good chance he won't see the field. But it his choice.

And Parsons is visiting this weekend. He wanted his family to see Nebraska. He had a tweet yesterday where he reprimanded a Penn St. fan who commented about how he'd never consider Nebraska because of the NIU loss. 

Yeah I don't understand Fields decision. Jimbo is great at developing QB's and getting them ready to play in the NFL. Good luck in Georgia.

1 hour ago, Supersuavesky said:

Fields is easily the best recruit. He has the highest composite(with Lawrence) since Vince Young in 2002. If he doesnt redshirt next year(he's up for it), I think he could beat out both Eason and Fromm. 

His other two options were Auburn and Florida State and he would have sat a year at both.