Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

10 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Thought Fuller was transition tagged.

What would that cost us?

Nothing, just have to over pay to the point Chicago wont match

Just now, Kiwibrown said:

With the transition tag we could poison pill it?

No they made that not possible in the new CBA

Just now, ohiogenius said:

Nothing, just have to over pay to the point Chicago wont match

No they made that not possible in the new CBA

We should give it a go. 

or do an Alex Mack style poison pill, after a year he can vito the contract. 

cos we need short term solutions for CB problem 

Been away a while, likely still will be, but I was just thinking about this last night.  I would love to sign Robinson and Pryor still.  Envisioning Gordon and Robinson starting on the outside, with Pryor spelling them when they need a breather, or even about an equal mix of the 3 would be great.  All 3 are tall, big, strong, and fast.  Then when we are in clock-killing move the chains mode, we would have Landry and the TEs.  When we were in catch up mode, put in Coleman for Landry.  #winning.  Huge upgrade at QB already, although I was hoping for McCarron instead as I think he will ultimately end up being a franchise QB somewhere and would not have cost a pick.  Excited to move the project (Kizer) for some much needed secondary help (still LOLing at the guy that had the sig that quoted me and said this dude is going to look real bad, for referring to Kizer as a project).  Absolutely hated the Shelton trade.  Love the overhaul of the offensive coaching staff, still iffy on the new front office.    (Barkley for the win!, grab our QB at 4) *taking my props for pimping this QB class last year*.   To the goober that flat out demanded proof that this QB class would be strong about a year ago from a crystal ball.... how ya like me now son?  :-D  That said, I think Taylor could be good for a few years, and someone like Randolph in round 2 could end up being great after sitting and learning a few years in round 2.  I don't think that is our direction though.   There, I just caught everyone up on my thoughts during my hiatus  :-D.

24 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I think you keep Coleman until you get a read on how JGs career is gonna go

there could be much worse things then an explosive number 4 receiver 

Im really glad we got Landry that’s pretty game changing 

This team has struggled to score points it seems like every season......having potentially those four WRs and potentially Duke, Njoku, and Barkley would be a welcome change for me

52 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

Been away a while, likely still will be, but I was just thinking about this last night.  I would love to sign Robinson and Pryor still.  Envisioning Gordon and Robinson starting on the outside, with Pryor spelling them when they need a breather, or even about an equal mix of the 3 would be great.  All 3 are tall, big, strong, and fast.  Then when we are in clock-killing move the chains mode, we would have Landry and the TEs.  When we were in catch up mode, put in Coleman for Landry.  #winning.  Huge upgrade at QB already, although I was hoping for McCarron instead as I think he will ultimately end up being a franchise QB somewhere and would not have cost a pick.  Excited to move the project (Kizer) for some much needed secondary help (still LOLing at the guy that had the sig that quoted me and said this dude is going to look real bad, for referring to Kizer as a project).  Absolutely hated the Shelton trade.  Love the overhaul of the offensive coaching staff, still iffy on the new front office.    (Barkley for the win!, grab our QB at 4) *taking my props for pimping this QB class last year*.   To the goober that flat out demanded proof that this QB class would be strong about a year ago from a crystal ball.... how ya like me now son?  :-D  That said, I think Taylor could be good for a few years, and someone like Randolph in round 2 could end up being great after sitting and learning a few years in round 2.  I don't think that is our direction though.   There, I just caught everyone up on my thoughts during my hiatus  :-D.

welcome home. stay home. 

11 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

yes. Do it. 

What kinda deal will he command? Something like 4 years 60 with 20 guaranteed would be my guess. 

Lock up Robinson and Landry. That would give us the best WR core in the league. Gordon,Robinson,Landry,Njuko,Johnson,Coleman. Dear god. 

Archived