Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

14 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

Can we just sign anybody today, I got nothing to do at work I need something to happen to pass the boredom 

Looks like there's slim pickings left for now.

Daunting to think that we have to wait for the draft for the next little bit of excitement.

17 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

He is a 3/4 NT, doesn't fit our team, that is why the Colts cut him, they are moving to a 4/3

Hankins played in a 4-3 at both Ohio State and NYG. As much as Gregg Williams preaches pressure from the interior he seems like a good and cheap fit.

Hankins playing alongside Ogunjobi in the middle would give the Browns 2 athletic DTs who can not only stop the run but are agile enough to get pressure.

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Hankins played in a 4-3 at both Ohio State and NYG. As much as Gregg Williams preaches pressure from the interior he seems like a good and cheap fit.

Hankins playing alongside Ogunjobi in the middle would give the Browns 2 athletic DTs who can not only stop the run but are agile enough to get pressure.

If nothing else, I see him as > Meder.

12 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I love Hank, I coached against him in HS but no, our DT room is pretty much set. We can honestly use a low pick to battle Meder for playing time at 1 tech, signing a FA only adds more clutter to the room.

We probably need to get another 3 tech though, we only have one true one on the team (Brantley)

3 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

I don’t know... 8 part series of Behind Baker starts in a couple of weeks

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Is this really what it’s called?

Iyam, it sounds like the name of a ga... ya know what, never mind.

d6aef1f0-0fdc-11e6-856a-f7a99b5ca9ab_may

1 hour ago, bosko1616 said:

Two players I’m interested in on short term prove it deals Thomas Rawls RB and Jordan Matthews WR. 

Yeah I really like Matthews for us as insurance for a guy that can play inside or out 

that’s necessary when you have Corey Coleman and Gordon on your team 

25 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Yeah I really like Matthews for us as insurance for a guy that can play inside or out 

that’s necessary when you have Corey Coleman and Gordon on your team 

Agree but again Im not as down on Coleman/Higgins as some people are. I however have seen more than enough of Ricardo Louis and he should be released. A WR corp of Gordon, Landry, Coleman and Higgins 1-4 is more than enough and we finally get to see what some of these guys like Coleman/Higgins look like with a competent QB  throwing them the ball who can hit them on time, in stride and in the hands.

I would much rather the Browns start focusing on the CB situation that still looks horrible. Really hoping they can get Breeland/Gaines to give them some stability there considering Mitchell/Carrie/Taylor are just clones of the same average NFL player as one another.

2 hours ago, bruceb said:

Looks a lot better than it did, especially if Randall can be our FS.

IDK about that McCourty last year was probably the best CB season we have seen since pre-injury Joe Haden. Carrie/Mitchell/Taylor are all JAGs and as middle of the road as it comes. We essentially have 3 CBs on the roster who on a good defense would be considered the teams nickel/dime corners. 

All 3 of them are guys who can make a play and then give one right up. TJ Carrie is a guy who will look like a All-Pro for 4-5 games in a season and then look like a rookie and get beat all over the field the rest of the time. Thats why these guys were all released and/or available for trade.

Terrance Mitchell and TJ Carrie were both 7th round draft picks just a few years ago and Mitchell has played for 4 teams in 4 seasons. Its not like we are getting some previously high round draft picks who are ultra talented guys who could use a change of scenery. I will however root for Carrie considering his medical concerns in his past. Seems like a great guy. 

Archived