Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't get the Dumervil move. Why? This team has no edge pass rushers of note and Dumervil was the best on the team. Even if we draft one early in the draft, Dumervil would have been useful. Meh…. 

Cuz Marsh. Those glorious Tattoo's will lead the way. 

54 minutes ago, John232 said:

Cuz Marsh. Those glorious Tattoo's will lead the way. 

Marsh was playing opposite of Dumervil on passing downs. Unless they plan on picking up a pass rusher in the draft on top of picking one up in free agency, doesn't make all that much sense. 

3 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

That's pretty fascinating that Jimmy's throws were dropped so infrequently in comparison to Hoyer/Beathard. Better ball placement can solve a lot of woes.

I always thought it was more than just ball placement and/or velocity. When you have confidence in your QB and you want to play for him, you lay out for catches, you dive, you focus, you make that second effort. Placement is a huge factor, but I feel like when you have a leader behind center, as a receiver, you don't want to disappoint him. You want to earn your next target and be a functioning cog in the machine. And Jimmy came in with that aura, that swagger, that confidence, and it seems like the whole offensive unit instantly gelled and started playing better, more focused football. When you have a guy like Hoyer, you just don't have the same confidence, the same desire to fight for that ball. With Hoyer, you don't feel that your catch might make your team win. With Jimmy, every catch truly counts.

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't get the Dumervil move. Why? This team has no edge pass rushers of note and Dumervil was the best on the team. Even if we draft one early in the draft, Dumervil would have been useful. Meh…. 

Meh for me. He wasn't really going to be part of the solution anyway. I think his production isn't that hard to replace, and perhaps a younger guy will benefit from the extra reps.