Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

2 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Interesting. I would have thought they would have put Garnett in the starting line up from the off just because. I wonder if we will be looking to trade him during the draft. 

Garnett seems to be treated like a rookie. Not giving him a starting spot unless he earns it. If he is good enough, then he should be able to beat one of those two.....That is unless we draft Wynn or Nelson, and then in that case, good luck lol. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Garnett seems to be treated like a rookie. Not giving him a starting spot unless he earns it. If he is good enough, then he should be able to beat one of those two.....That is unless we draft Wynn or Nelson, and then in that case, good luck lol. 

Yeah same if we draft Wynn or Nelson I feel like he's gone.

Thinking about it, even if we draft Wynn or Nelson, Garnett could still start. Tomlinson/Cooper aren't exactly good and average at best. But who the hell knows how he will look in a zone blocking scheme and how his body will react to the massive weight loss. 

• Like 2

Yeah no matter who/if we draft anyone no guy should be locked in as a starter at G. Staley, Richburg and Brown look pretty sure of their place but those other two spots should and will be up to whoever earns them. Even if a guy is the so called starter when preseason begins its just a place to start from. All three/four should have to earn the spot as long as it means Zane is finally gone.

4 hours ago, Justone2 said:

Yeah no matter who/if we draft anyone no guy should be locked in as a starter at G. Staley, Richburg and Brown look pretty sure of their place but those other two spots should and will be up to whoever earns them. Even if a guy is the so called starter when preseason begins its just a place to start from. All three/four should have to earn the spot as long as it means Zane is finally gone.

I'm just happy Zane hasn't even been part of the conversation so far.

• Like 1