Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

Listening to KNBR on the way home today and they were talking about the Vegas Super Bowl odds for next year. We stand at 14/1 right now. Only the Patriots, Eagles, Vikings and Steelers are above us. We are tied with the Rams and Packers for 5th place. Pretty crazy what a QB can do for a franchise so damn fast...

Just now, Psychlone said:

Listening to KNBR on the way home today and they were talking about the Vegas Super Bowl odds for next year. We stand at 14/1 right now. Only the Patriots, Eagles, Vikings and Steelers are above us. We are tied with the Rams and Packers for 5th place. Pretty crazy what a QB can do for a franchise so damn fast...

It's insane. I don't even think we are a playoff team lol

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Psychlone said:

Yeah. I said a few posts back that we were 7th. That's because I just went down the list and counted till I saw our name.  I didn't actually look at the odds so didn't notice we were tied with 2 other teams. So we're tied for 5th. All the more reason for us to be cautiously aggressive about building our team for now.

3 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

This should have happened already. West coast teams get screwed when they travel east becasue of the time difference. TO get ready for a 10AM east coast time game they're probably getting up in the very early AM body time.

I didn't know where to post this so I'll leave it here. 

https://www.fourthandnine.co/single-post/2018/03/24/Film-Room-Why-Kendrick-Bourne-is-not-to-be-overlooked-as-49ers-seek-WR-help

I agree with Crocker that Bourne is intriguing heading into year two. Need a bigger sample size and more playing time, but he looks to be  wildcard. If he could he develop into a #1 that would obviously be awesome, but I'd settle for a solid contributor that could make timely plays on 3rd down. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I didn't know where to post this so I'll leave it here. 

https://www.fourthandnine.co/single-post/2018/03/24/Film-Room-Why-Kendrick-Bourne-is-not-to-be-overlooked-as-49ers-seek-WR-help

I agree with Crocker that Bourne is intriguing heading into year two. Need a bigger sample size and more playing time, but he looks to be  wildcard. If he could he develop into a #1 that would obviously be awesome, but I'd settle for a solid contributor that could make timely plays on 3rd down. 

I’m definitely a Bourne fan. I think it’d be wise to take a guy in the draft to develop. I was hoping we’d make a move for Robinson as I felt he’d be a clear upgrade and a #1 guy, but at this point with the guys left on the market I’d rather just get Bourne on the field than giving time to guys like Luis Murphy. 

6 hours ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I’m definitely a Bourne fan. I think it’d be wise to take a guy in the draft to develop. I was hoping we’d make a move for Robinson as I felt he’d be a clear upgrade and a #1 guy, but at this point with the guys left on the market I’d rather just get Bourne on the field than giving time to guys like Luis Murphy. 

We should still draft and develop, because there's really no guarantee that Garçon will still be here after next season. It wouldn't save us a ton of money cutting him after 2018, but it could, if we designate him as a post june 1st cut. If not, after 2019 is another possible out. Then after 2020, I think it's safe to assume he'll be gone. But I wouldn't be surprised if it was after one of the next two years. Our FO likes certain types, but isn't afraid to cut or trade someone they like. We just traded Kilgore, someone everyone loved (for some reason), after we had just re-signed him. We cut Logan Paulsen 25 times last year, in spite of the evident love the staff has for him! So, as much as Pierre can be liked by the staff, that doesn't mean he's here until the end of his career. So it's a good idea to draft a guy to develop. Maybe that guy overtakes Bourne, in which case we're better as a team. Maybe Bourne keeps progressing and becomes a viable option, in which case the new guy gives us depth. Or maybe we hit a homerun with that draft pick. You can't hit a homerun if you don't take a swing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rudyZ said:

We should still draft and develop, because there's really no guarantee that Garçon will still be here after next season. It wouldn't save us a ton of money cutting him after 2018, but it could, if we designate him as a post june 1st cut. If not, after 2019 is another possible out. Then after 2020, I think it's safe to assume he'll be gone. But I wouldn't be surprised if it was after one of the next two years. Our FO likes certain types, but isn't afraid to cut or trade someone they like. We just traded Kilgore, someone everyone loved (for some reason), after we had just re-signed him. We cut Logan Paulsen 25 times last year, in spite of the evident love the staff has for him! So, as much as Pierre can be liked by the staff, that doesn't mean he's here until the end of his career. So it's a good idea to draft a guy to develop. Maybe that guy overtakes Bourne, in which case we're better as a team. Maybe Bourne keeps progressing and becomes a viable option, in which case the new guy gives us depth. Or maybe we hit a homerun with that draft pick. You can't hit a homerun if you don't take a swing.

I’d love to take a shot on Chark early in the third and see what he could could develop into.