Draft Rumors

goldfishwars

7 hours ago, Broncofan said:

The decision to not throw at the Combine IMO was a mistake - it could really be magnified if Darnold doesn't impress on Wednesday.   He won't fall as far as Bridgewater did, but this could be reminiscent of that situation (remember Bridgewater tried to use a glove and it failed miserably in his Louisville workout, and he dropped like a rock).

Getting ready for Cleveland!

1 minute ago, JPeezy55 said:

Lots of teams that can use an ILB and an athletic one at that.

Also, please change your avatar O.o lol 

Yea but Lee is coming up on his lasts legs and we need his replacement more then ever. I don't have Roqoan will be healthy for a long time in this league given his size and style of play.

And no way, reactions like your's is exactly why I wanted it in the first place.

1 hour ago, BucShot said:

I really am getting the sense that Denzel Ward is viewed a lot higher by teams than he is with the majority of talking heads. I don't think he falls past the Bucs, and could go as high as 4 to Cleveland.

He's my #3 overall player in the class. He's going to be just as good as Lattimore was IMO. Wouldn't shock me if he went in the top 5, but I have to believe the Browns would take Barkley over Ward if both were there at #4.

Darnold seems to be the best bet to go 1st overall based on what plugged in media draft guys are saying, but Josh Allen seem to be the more natural fit based on what the team leadership -- particularly John Dorsey -- has done in the past.

Dorsey's career began in Green Bay and he witnessed Brett Favre's career from start to finish. That influence showed itself last year when the Chiefs drafted Patrick Mahomes. Josh Allen is a chip of the old block considering Dorsey's "type". Lastly, the Todd Haley hiring is particularly telling. Haley always got the best out of Ben Roethlisberger despite reportedly not having a great relationship with him. Big Ben has been a common comparison for Allen, and I could see the stars lining up for him in Cleveland.

13 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

Darnold seems to be the best bet to go 1st overall based on what plugged in media draft guys are saying, but Josh Allen seem to be the more natural fit based on what the team leadership -- particularly John Dorsey -- has done in the past.

Dorsey's career began in Green Bay and he witnessed Brett Favre's career from start to finish. That influence showed itself last year when the Chiefs drafted Patrick Mahomes. Josh Allen is a chip of the old block considering Dorsey's "type". Lastly, the Todd Haley hiring is particularly telling. Haley always got the best out of Ben Roethlisberger despite reportedly not having a great relationship with him. Big Ben has been a common comparison for Allen, and I could see the stars lining up for him in Cleveland.

I think you're stretching things here.

Archived