2018 NFL Combine (measurements in OP)

goldfishwars

1 minute ago, reamer said:

People forget how explosive Chubb is sometimes. Great player.

His knee injury is what gets him questioned. Had he not blown out that knee, I think he's getting 1st round consideration.

37 minutes ago, reamer said:

Anyone listening to Orlando Brown give his interview? Pretty good responses. He's an articulate kid and seems very self-aware of his limitations. 

There are some great articles about him where he talks about his dad, growing up, coming to Oklahoma and having no idea how to take care of his body at the beginning. He's a very honest guy. One of the few players in this class you can get a really good read on. 

42 minutes ago, reamer said:

Anyone listening to Orlando Brown give his interview? Pretty good responses. He's an articulate kid and seems very self-aware of his limitations. 

He seems like a great kid. He could've been a high pick last year, but he promised his father before he died that he'd stay and finish out his degree. He wasn't going to break that promise for anything. I think that's awesome. 

5 minutes ago, CalhounLambeau said:

There are some great articles about him where he talks about his dad, growing up, coming to Oklahoma and having no idea how to take care of his body at the beginning. He's a very honest guy. One of the few players in this class you can get a really good read on. 

@TheRealMcCoy this is why I said there aren't character issues with him. Being the son of a former high profile NFL player has kind of put his entire life out in the open. 

Orlando Brown jr. continues to add to his glittering athletic resume by soaring into the sky like Stefon Diggs en route to recording a 19.5" leap in the vertical jump!

Who didn’t help themselves: 

• It has not been a good combine for Orlando Brown. He posted a 19.5” vertical. 

At this rate Barkley 1.1 to CLE doesn't seem far-fetched at all.  Hard to think he'd get to them at 1.4.  The Combine gets too much hype, but we're talking historic levels of athleticism with elite performance on tape and success since his freshman year.    

Just now, Broncofan said:

At this rate Barkley 1.1 to CLE doesn't seem far-fetched at all.  Hard to think he'd get to them at 1.4.

Normally a team taking a RB #1 overall would be insane, but given the fact Barkley is Barkley and they have a pick a few picks later, I would pull the trigger on him. Adding him and a QB would honestly make Cleveland pretty damn good soon.

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Normally a team taking a RB #1 overall would be insane, but given the fact Barkley is Barkley and they have a pick a few picks later, I would pull the trigger on him. Adding him and a QB would honestly make Cleveland pretty damn good soon.

I think CLE doesn't feel strongly enough between Allen/Darnold/Rosen to risk losing Barkley.   I think they are getting AJ McCarron due to Hue's irrational love for him as a placeholder, and then they're fine with whoever is left at 1.4 - which in my books, is easily Allen (highest physical tools, great ceiling...and a bust ceiling, which for a top 5 pick, no thanks.....but which even DEN and Elway are vulnerable in making that call IMO).  But getting a QB and Barkley looks like their priority, and I don't see 1.4 him being there, at this rate.  This is a historic, unseen physical profile, which is noteworthy - but it's in combination with elite, sustained performance in the Big 10.   

I totally devalue RB, it's the most replaceable position, but this is elite, HoF-ceiling, generational talent (and even then he's not a 100 percent lock to succeed, no RB is)...I can see why CLE would fall in love and not risk losing him with 1.1, given they know they'll at worst get Allen at 1.4.

2 hours ago, IDOG_det said:

He was over 400 in high school. Calling him lazy is incredibly lazy

I’d be at least somewhat concerned a kid like that will eat himself out of the league. I’m not trying to **** on him for being big, I’d just hope a guy that size would realize how important it is for him to look the part in drills that show off his cardio. I wasn’t even the one who initially called him lazy. The report did.

Archived