Seahawks cut Jeremy lane CB

49erurtaza

Houston wanted him as part of the Duane Brown deal; He failed a physical so he was pulled at the last second for a 3rd round pick.

I can see the Texans giving him a more liberal physical as a FA.

7 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

From a FFB perspective - upgrade Russell Wilson.   He's going to be chucking it a lot this year.

His contract is also next year . With cousins set to hit the most expensive qb contract, Wilson probably breaks it next year 

.Sheesh maybe like 35-40 mil a year .

10 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

His contract is also next year . With cousins set to hit the most expensive qb contract, Wilson probably breaks it next year 

.Sheesh maybe like 35-40 mil a year .

Rodgers will take that most expensive QB contract probably a week after Cousins signs.

1 hour ago, packerrfan74 said:

Rodgers will take that most expensive QB contract probably a week after Cousins signs.

The scary part is next year newton and Ryan also get new contracts .

Might sound silly, but the NFL should limit these contracts . Within 10 years these guys will get 300-400 mil man.

2 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Houston wanted him as part of the Duane Brown deal; He failed a physical so he was pulled at the last second for a 3rd round pick.

I can see the Texans giving him a more liberal physical as a FA.

I'm pretty sure they can't be more lenient as it puts the players health at risk. Nobody would sign off on his health because if they did they could lose their license, right?

36 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Might sound silly, but the NFL should limit these contracts . Within 10 years these guys will get 300-400 mil man.

What you are really asking for is the NFL to make less money.

They are already limiting top player contracts relative to market value with the leverage of the franchise tag.

15 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

Just means the league has to to adapt. You have to weigh the benefit of spending that much but I'm assuming in 10 years the cap goes up quite a bit too. Yea pay 50M for a QB is not ideal. This just makes the draft even more important because teams that pay good but not great QBs cant afford the best of the best in FA

Archived