Damarious Randall traded to the Browns for DeShone Kizer

marky mark

11 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

I can, very easily in fact. One such scenario would be Kizer turning into a very solid backup QB, perhaps even startable one day, whether its here or after being flipped for a higher return. Another easy to imagine scenario would be those pick swaps meaning adding better players than GB would've gotten in the middle of those rounds. And yet another scenario would be those picks at the beginning of rounds 4 and 5 providing the ammunition needed to make other important moves.

That wasn't hard at all. The inability to "fathom" ways this could work out is extremely obtuse.

A solid backup QB is absolute **** return for a starting QB.

What do you think your chances are of getting a better player at 123 rather than 133?

The Browns don't have a pick at the beginning of round 4. They traded it for Jarvis Landry. They have a worst pick in the 4th round than our standard pick. 

3 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Lolololololololololol

Ted Thompson haters complaining about this place being unbearable.  Name one single trade Thompson made that was this bad.  One.  One.  One.  We had to hear for ten years about Harrell and Hawk and Thornton, a third round pick, and now it's unbearable for you to hear criticism of Gute? 

It's unbearable that the same couple of guys keep saying the same thing over and over again in the same thread.  Say you peace .. then move on.  A couple of you are beating the dead horse a bit hard.

14 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

So we got a 4th and a guy who was a 2nd rounder last year?

So we got a 2 and 4 essentially? That's like Peters value.

Is www.gutegoat.com taken? May have to buy that one.

It was only$1.25 for firegut.com get on that

We can be rivals like CNN and Fox news

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

It's unbearable that the same couple of guys keep saying the same thing over and over again in the same thread.  Say you peace .. then move on.  A couple of you are beating the dead horse a bit hard.

We're wallowing in freakish misery together.  Let us wallow. 

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

Yeah I understand guys that we'll get more corners. I'm pissed that this is what we got for Randall. You can get rid of him, fine. But don't do it yet and for that.

Ya I get you. I actually liked Randall as a player. For me, he is a small price to pay for a possible long term insurance policy. I'd much rather have a chance at protecting the franchise long term than a mediocre cornerback - especially if there are free agent/draft plans to replace him. No guarantee Kizer is the future guy but it's promising the Packers were high on him during the draft and even after the season he had think they can make something of him - so much so they trade for him. I'm an optimist here.

I don’t see how people don’t understand way this trade happened. It’s pretty obvious there was divide there between player and organization.

At best GB goes one year with him then gets a 3rd comp when he signs with another team. 

They wanted to unload him, they wanted to last year was the rumor. They got a top 40 QB prospect ( obviously everyone has their opinions on him but he was seems as a solid prospect).

Green Bay needed to address the back up QB situation... they just did with young talent. For a CB that was just going to be a lame duck this year.

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

It was only$1.25 for firegut.com get on that

The guy has a family and such. He has also been in this franchise for 20+ years. I get the joke, but the Pic is kind of disrespectful for no reason. I'm just saying. I would hate to be his family and stumble on that after one trade...

we can all get down with www.firenorm.com

But even that website won't make me like this trade.  Neither will signing FA deals with Superman and Jesus Christ to play CB for us.  We did just trade a starting caliber CB for a QB that played worse than our back-up last season.

We can only judge this on what we see. The Packers have given up on Hundley. After three years Hundley failed to deliver. The Packers decided to move on from Hundley. The Packers acquired Kizer ergo the Packers didn't like the veteran backup QB options in FA either. A veteran QB would have eaten a bunch of cap space. Kizer is on his rookie contract and will be a relatively cheap backup for some years.

As for Randall, he apparently didn't fit Petine's scheme and/or he was viewed as a potential locker room problem. MM said when he fired Dom that a culture change was needed on defense. (I think most of us agreed with that.) Culture can't be changed without changing the personnel. So far the change has been at the coaching level. Now they're moving on to the players. 

That said, did the Packers get enough for Randall? Probably not, but they got as much as they could get. Cutting him would get them nothing. I wonder what player(s) will be next? Clearly there will be a new culture on defense. 

Just now, Shanedorf said:

Ben Fennell @BenFennell_NFL 2h2 hours ago

Randall and House each gave up too many big plays on quick/rhythmic throws from the QB... No pass rush is getting home in those situations and the Packers couldn’t rely on CBs to do their job and cover... Randall was an opportunistic CB but wildly inconsistent

In a scheme that had definitely seen better days.

27 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

So according to the draft pick value chart, the picks we received from Cleveland equal 155. The picks we traded to Cleveland equal 109. A differance of 46, which equals a late 4th round pick. I think everyone might be overlooking the draft pick swap. 

Trade reels of Alonzo Highsmith. 

Archived